Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The F22A1 Lude motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The F22A1 Lude motor.

how similar is it to my F22A6? I realize it doesn't have the dual runners, but is the head still the same, aside from i guess the a6 cam? basically i can get one really cheap, and i wanna make sure i'm not going to run into problems like my a6 header not fitting.

.:1993 EX-R Sedan:..:psyphredotcom:..:mrtazzymotorsports:.

I haven't heard of the a6 cam being different. I know it has a different I/M, E/M, and computer for the butterfly control.

as for the rest it's essentially the same motor.
    WTB:
    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
    OR
    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

hmm, thought i read that somewhere on here. but none the less that answers my question i guess. I can use the I/M off my h23 and my a6 header will bolt up.

Comment

yes its almost similar except for some things intake manifold intake air box and some other stuff and yea it doesnt have the dual runner feature

Comment

Originally posted by psyphre
          hmm, thought i read that somewhere on here. but none the less that answers my question i guess. I can use the I/M off my h23 and my a6 header will bolt up.
          the a6 has dual runners that are open at a certain time by some shit. if you have a h23 then use that intake, and the header if you wanna..i havent heard of different cams though..its not like vtec.

Comment

i have a dying A6 in the car right now, i can get this f22a1 for a hundred bucks. plus i have an h23 sitting around so i can do the manifold swap before hand for less downtime on the car.

Comment

yes the cam in the a6 is slightly different. the difference betwenn the a1/a4 and a6 is the intake manifold, exhaust manifold, cam shaft, and the ecu.

My Members Ride Thread
              Originally posted by deevergote
              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

i still wonder what the difference between the Lude f22a1 and the Accord f22a1.
                the specs are:
                125hp@5200rpm/137ft-lbs@4000 - accord a1
                135hp@5200rpm/142ft-lbs@4000 - lude a1
                140hp@5600rpm/142ft-lbs@4500 - accord a6

Comment

The camshaft is a lil more aggressive/fuel tuning is more aggressive/IM is prob running the dual runner setup/prob running 4-2-1 manifold which im not sure. SHould be basically the difference between the f22a1.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the lude f22a1 doesn't have dual runners

Comment

Do it, and put the A6 intake manifold on it.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

or the h23 intake manifold that i have sitting at my parents house.

Comment

The Lude A1 has the single runner manifold and the 4-1 manifold, so it's basically a CB A1, but the P12 ECU is different, that may be where the extra 5 HP comes from.

Comment

neat i didn't know about the cam. Good to know...

and for the h23 runners you can do that, or are you doing the whole head thing. Cause if you are then this conversation is kinda mute, cause the block is still the same on all the motors.
                            WTB:
                            88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                            OR
                            90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

not gonna do the whole head, mine's toast. i want as little down time on the swap as possible. i might be getting a Web Camshaft, if the guy has the right one.

Comment

Working...
                              X