Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

tuning is bummin me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuning is bummin me out

i got my moates burn1, and my chipped ecu, first it started right up in limp mode and wouldnt rev past 3k, then after reburning and messin with it for hours it finally started and ran good using d112crzy's f22 base map, it ran good all night with the FTL and everything, then today i tried to reburn it and lower the FTL, and now it wont start i reburned it a billion times and reinstalled the software, and the chip is in the right way in the burner and the ecu and it says it burns successfully HOW DO I MAKE IT RUN AGAIN!! the stock ecu is back in until i get some help

do you know anyone around you with a chipped ecu that you can try the chip on? im thinking is your ecu.

or test our your ecu one someones car that has a working cel, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

nope im the only one around, i thought it was the ecu the first time around, but then it ran so i dunno, and it ran again in limpmode today, so i think the ecu is good

Comment

ok now the damn thing starts right up instantly like one crank it doesnt hesitate at all but its in limp mode, it starts up with or without the chip, does that mean something?

Comment

it starts up without a chip in??? are you sure J1 is jumped?
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

nope i guess ill go check, yea it wasnt running at all, and now it starts right up and runs like shit, the same with or without the chip in

Comment

i dont know if me wiggling the j1 jumper had anything to do it, or that i redownloaded the map and burned it unmolested, does it do anything if the map was made on a different version of uber cuz i think the map is from 1.7repact1review1 and i have 1.7repact1review2.2

Comment

hmm, could be.

you should get the same version as the map.

Comment

I had the same sort of problem with mine. Couldn't get it to run for more than a day or two before it would go into limp mode using any of the 1.7's. Downloaded Uber v1.66, reburned the chip and it ran fine (until the ringlands went, but that's a different story)
                  1993 Prelude S
                  F22A1
                  custom'ish turbo setup
                  180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                  18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                  currently being rebuilt

Comment

the chips can be very fickle. I remember when I was tuning, I changed one cell on the ignition table -%1 and the car wouldn't start. and that cell was no where near the startup columns.

And yes, your car will run without a chip in, but it'll be in limp mode
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by spitfireskatr7
                      i dont know if me wiggling the j1 jumper had anything to do it, or that i redownloaded the map and burned it unmolested, does it do anything if the map was made on a different version of uber cuz i think the map is from 1.7repact1review1 and i have 1.7repact1review2.2

wiggling j1? is it not attached or somting if not then ofcourse that is most likely the reason why its not working. and yes it does matter what version of uber u run certain maps on. also if u are running different upgrades or certain files created for uber patched into 1.7 it can screw with the maps and chage values. if u can A0l Aim me and send me the maps u have and i can see if at least the maps all look good under uber 1.7. good luk man.

Comment

they look good. its my map, i had it running on my car for about 2 months. wb tuned. not the best, but shit, it got the job done.

Comment

the map is in the ecu tuning journal. the last page or second to last.

F22A1 NA

Comment

i got the review1 and then i pulled the chip out and reset the FTL and it works great i dunno i guess that was the problem but im glad its worked out, thanks for the help

Comment

nice. now go tell me how it runs

Comment

Working...
                              X