Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 cb7 Vs. F22B dohc cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i noticed the smoke, didn't know jdm ecus ran rich, or anywhere near that rich.

and what are you wowing. he has a stock ecu with simple mods, ecus should not need tuning to compensate for that simple of mods normally. and yes I know he has a h22 if that's what your wowing
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

nah dude, with those simple mods, a lot can be done. just take mine for example.

we have pretty much the same mods, except im tuned.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        what in the world do you need tuned? you have a stock ecu and simple mods
        Jose told me that blackice is using the JDM Ecu. Those things are programmed to run rich as a safety. It also would maximize the performance of his setup.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
          Jose told me that blackice is using the JDM Ecu. Those things are programmed to run rich as a safety. It also would maximize the performance of his setup.
          because factory maps are the absolute "BEST" they can be? and this stock ECU running rich maximizes his performance?? with aftermarket upgrades?....even if they are bolt ons?.....im confused. isnt this what TUNING and adjusting the fuel/timing tables of a basemap is for?? joser or cory care to chime in?
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
            joser or cory care to chime in?
            ill chime in, why are you defeding cory as if it were your own car? lol, i think cory can speak for him self.

dont get mad jdmboy. its just the internet.

Comment

Wow everyones blowing this outta proportion. Every engine runs different and can benefit from a tune. It may not gain you a ton of hp for example but there is a whole thread about mrx working on tuning an f22a1 and he did see some gains albeit very small ones. Once you start adding things like an intake and exhaust you are opening the engine up and letting it suck and push out a lot more air and in my case unburnt fuel haha. I know there are several threads about simple things like i/h/e causing a car to run richer. Stock ecu's can only compensate so much for mods.
              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
              Project 240SX
              Originally posted by chillin943
              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                because factory maps are the absolute "BEST" they can be? and this stock ECU running rich maximizes his performance?? with aftermarket upgrades?....even if they are bolt ons?.....im confused. isnt this what TUNING and adjusting the fuel/timing tables of a basemap is for?? joser or cory care to chime in?
                I mistyped. JDM Ecu's run rich as a safety. A chipped Ecu tuned for the setup will maximize his performance, even with I/H/E. I know, that came at a great time for you! Anyhow, no need to call for backup Jose and I have been sharing tuning philosophies for quite a while.

Originally posted by blackice
                Wow everyones blowing this outta proportion. Every engine runs different and can benefit from a tune. It may not gain you a ton of hp for example but there is a whole thread about mrx working on tuning an f22a1 and he did see some gains albeit very small ones. Once you start adding things like an intake and exhaust you are opening the engine up and letting it suck and push out a lot more air and in my case unburnt fuel haha. I know there are several threads about simple things like i/h/e causing a car to run richer. Stock ecu's can only compensate so much for mods.
                He took advantage of some 2:30 AM EST I(give or take) typing on my part. At these times, my mind and my fingers are not in sync...per say.
                Last edited by KillerCam282; 08-01-2006, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  ill chime in, why are you defeding cory as if it were your own car? lol, i think cory can speak for him self.

dont get mad jdmboy. its just the internet.

im not mad, thats just how ur reading and interpreting it as....u my friend are misinformed,

i can defend a friend, and i already gave u credit for what u deserved! and u have made ur point that ur engine setup is capable of haning with H22s. im TRYING to set OTHER straight that think he doesnt need a TUNE.

im done-
                  enjoy ur thread
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

This really makes me want to dyno with the p13 then my tuned p28 with iabs lol. I'm expecting to see some significant gains and a lot less nasty smoke. I'll have to take a picture of my trunk lid and the lining, its covered in carbon.
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

dude, cory. you gota come to my house early thursday before we head out to juans so i can tune you for the trip. then we can have a three some.(race the 3 cars)

Comment

JDM ECUs do tend to run rich as mentioned. My p28 with egay chip runs way rich out of proportion even worse than that jdm one. I should ble purchasing a new chip from a friend though so that should help out a lot more. You can tune a p13 but I have heard its easier just to go with the p28.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

p13's arent tunable yet, atleast not with uberdata or crome. you can however, get rid of knock sensor and a few things.

anyways, im gona be working on 2 separate NA h22's pretty soon, i can send you the basemaps some of them are running right now if you want.(nail)

oh, btw, ALL ecu's run rich. usdm or jdm, just the jdm run richest.

my stock pt3 would idle in the 13's, and at wot, it would get close to low 12's once in a while.

oh yea, i got 400miles on 12 gallons. thast with TONS of ripping on it.

great gas mileage+enough power to keep up with h22=fucking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            JDM ECUs do tend to run rich as mentioned. My p28 with egay chip runs way rich out of proportion even worse than that jdm one. I should ble purchasing a new chip from a friend though so that should help out a lot more. You can tune a p13 but I have heard its easier just to go with the p28.
                            Some people just get a VAFC. Either way, its much better than the JDM ECUs.

My Jose inspired thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...753#post660753
                            Last edited by KillerCam282; 08-01-2006, 03:25 AM.

Comment

hmm, can i mod move this to performance tech? im starting to think this doesnt belong in the racing forum, since my point of this thread was to show what tuning can do.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                p13's arent tunable yet, atleast not with uberdata or crome. you can however, get rid of knock sensor and a few things.

anyways, im gona be working on 2 separate NA h22's pretty soon, i can send you the basemaps some of them are running right now if you want.(nail)

oh, btw, ALL ecu's run rich. usdm or jdm, just the jdm run richest.

my stock pt3 would idle in the 13's, and at wot, it would get close to low 12's once in a while.

oh yea, i got 400miles on 12 gallons. thast with TONS of ripping on it.

great gas mileage+enough power to keep up with h22=fucking awesome!

That would work if you wouldnt mind. As for the all ECUs run rich thats what I kinda mean since most manufacturers do tune them richer so people dont blow shit up. Ive seen people throw chips inside the p13 so I thought they had an ability to tune them. I heard that a while back so thought they made some sort of program for it already. But before that I have heard the p13 is not tuneable and if it was there are too many things to go into so dunno.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X