Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

For those disbelievers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those disbelievers!!!

Who said you cant get over 200HP all motor on an F22a?So all you disbelievers shut the fuck up and read,they got 329HP all motor(no NOS or TURBO)The only difrence between somone like us would be the gas going from 118 octane to what ever you guy might run,for me 104.So anyone intrested in trying this out? I asked this guy for more info on the motor and a way to contact the people they got everything from so Ill get some more info for you guys.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1589042

welcome to 2001........
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

yeah duh half of us already seen it. PLus people on here would never be able to do that, people on here dont even have enough for an H swap so blah to you too. Not to mention that is his life and that is what he does every day of the week.

Your like 5yrs to late, before the insight he had a crx
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Im just saying if so many people have seen it why do they say that the F22a cant handle that kind of HP?I dont get it,they dont say they dont do it because they dont have the money,they say the engine cant handle that.So what up?

Comment

u wanna know why? people like to take the easy way out and swap. its a band wagon. to make themselves feel better bout swapping, they try to make themselves and everyone beleive f22's are worthless when in essence they are completely wrong. just a matter on who wants to spend the time building the f22. very few stick with it. so what a swap is cheap and yields u great gains but seriously how much thought does that take....anyone can swap. plus it's probably the least respectable way to gain hp. still respectable but in a way. cause u have to have some knowledge and money and time to swap in but still. pet peeve of mine.
          My members ride thread

Comment

that f22 has more into than any car and engine on this board plus a few other small web boards....

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
              u wanna know why? people like to take the easy way out and swap. its a band wagon. to make themselves feel better bout swapping, they try to make themselves and everyone beleive f22's are worthless when in essence they are completely wrong. just a matter on who wants to spend the time building the f22. very few stick with it. so what a swap is cheap and yields u great gains but seriously how much thought does that take....anyone can swap. plus it's probably the least respectable way to gain hp. still respectable but in a way. cause u have to have some knowledge and money and time to swap in but still. pet peeve of mine.
              Or it's way more cost effective to swap the F in favor of an H and make more power for less money.
              wat

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                Im just saying if so many people have seen it why do they say that the F22a cant handle that kind of HP?I dont get it,they dont say they dont do it because they dont have the money,they say the engine cant handle that.So what up?

The "haters" as you so call them, are just more realistic about the real world...

The 329HP F22 that you speak of has not 1 ounce of streetability in it.

This is its work day:

Start in the staging lanes.

Run like shit for a minute.

Do a gnarly ass burnout to warm the tires.

Back up.

Stage.

Full throttle. Now it is running good because it was only designed to run at WOT and 10,000 RPM.

Launch.

Accelerate.

OH! There's the trap.

Idle.

Shut down.

Be pushed back to do it again.

It won't exactly make the trip to Wal Mart very easily.

329HP is one thing. 329HP streetable and reliable HP is a whole nother ball game.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

As a few others have said... its just not cost effective. Even if you were to get it to run on 93 octane its going to eat gas and cost over 10k to build. Take my buddy's sohc neon for instants. It is the fastest sohc, no nitrous, no turbo neon on the east coast. The motor has over 10k in. Its streetable and is daily driven. Runs 13s all day long and is capable if 12s with tuning. Take a regular sohc neon... turbo it for about $1500 get a good tune and run the same exact times as the all motor nasty as hell neon for less than half the cost including the car. For me there was no point in working on the f22 as the h22 makes more power for cheap.
                  Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                  registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                    Or it's way more cost effective to swap the F in favor of an H and make more power for less money.

Nobody said the F22 was crap...

Here is the part of the equation that you are lacking though...

In order to get an F22 to lay down 200WHP, it is going to cost you MORE than 3K, unless you can do EVERYTHING yourself.

Ask Cisco about the cost, if he will even give you an answer.

For what it is going to cost you to get 200WHP out of an F22, I can have a swapped H22 with a few bolt ons, that will lay down just as much HP, and is still pretty much stock.

What does that mean? I have a LOT of headroom left and reliability isn't really a concern because I haven't really cracked the engine open yet. Your built F22 does not have the headroom, and depending on the build, may not have the reliability either.

That is not to say that anyone who builds an F22 is stupid, but you have to be realistic about what you are paying for what you are getting and what the other alternatives are.

The F22 has a lot of potential, I don't think anyone is saying that it doesn't, but that doesn't mean the H22 doesn't have potential either. With the swap you are starting out a good 40-50WHP ahead of what you had. Stock.

You could probably get 20 maybe 30WHP out of an F22 fairly easily, but after that it is going to get expensive. You are still 20-30WHP shy and the H22 is still stock.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Im not saying the H22 isnt good,I would personaly buy that instead of building up an F22 but Im just saying in a lot of threads people say that the engine cant handle that much HP.Heres a little idea ive ben thinking of though if you dont want to do a swap.Here it goes
                      Exhaust
                      Header
                      Intake
                      Camgear
                      Electronic Supercharger(Turbonator)

Thats pretty cheap and an alright HP gain.

Comment

^oh god dont bother with the electronic supercharger. The last owner had one in my car before I got it... It helped alittle down low but up high the difference in power wasn't even noticable. There are better ways to spend the money like on a nitrous kit or something.
                        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                        registration is free

Comment

any car can be streetable with some time and money and tuning.
                          My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                            any car can be streetable with some time and money and tuning.

then lets see a streetable 370 hp carbureted f22a....

Comment

Where's my popcorn, this is entertaining as hell.....
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X