Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Delta regrind owners chime in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a6
    H23 IM
    4.2.1 DC header
    WS2 Ex.
    FPR
    (my intake set-up is very flexible, so either SR, CAI, or stock)
    And soon an H23 trans.

Any thoughts on which I should chose, between the 260 and 272 for my setup?

- Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Am I understanding this correctly, the lobe on the cam is what pushes the valve open correct? If they grind this down wont the valve open less, thats how im thinking. how does it work

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

ya but everyone is also forgetting one important thing, ramp angle.... they spatter weld the cam then grind it down, this is to add metal to the cam to refinish it.. u can have a 272 with a crazy ramp angle and it will change the powerband, thats why custom grinds are available, on my old F22 setup i went high HP with a 282 with a lower ramp angle, my powerband sucked because i only made power from 5000-8200 lol... bad idea for a street car so the next cam choice was a 272 with a higher ramp angle and it picked up quicker making the powerband more streetable, then finally i went to a 282 with a changed but i dont remember the exact ramp angle, and it induced a good overall powerband but man after switching i was out cash and some other things liek time and ish...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Ahhh it is indeed the 272. I might try and install this Sunday...

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i got a spare motor and thinking of taking cam.
            questions motor is 150k does it matter the condition of the cam(motor)?
            i would guess after regrind it should be good as new or am i wrong?
            right now i got i/e/h and going to get h23 IM and prop a bigger TB soon.
            the car is going to get boosted for next summer what regrind do you guys recommend.
            basically am looking for something that would yield some hp while NA still be drivible and good for boosted apps 2.
            Last edited by amd3dnow3; 08-27-2006, 06:34 PM.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
            Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Working...
            X