Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU p28 from si or a regular ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU p28 from si or a regular ex?

my friend can cop me some ecu p28 free. but i wanna give him the right information. does it have to come out of a civic ex 92-95 Si?? or can it be any civic ex 92-95 manual? i saw some mugen chip for 15 bucks on ebay. is that the right chip to get? also i saw on comparing a before ecu and after ecu. i saw that more than 2 chip been installed in the ecu. what is that called the one on the left side of the chip? and i got a laptop insiron 5100 DELL. can i connect it to a chip burner? and where do i get a burner at cuz i search ebay for ecu burner nuthin shows. help? dont tell me to search i dont know what to search for.
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

EX/SI ECU both were p28 from the 92-95. Dont buy those so called ebay chips find a good tuner and put a decent chip in there. I made the mistake of purchasing a skunk2 chip off ebay. It runs the car just hella rich when VTEC engages. You can prob get a burner at moates.com or something like that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Don't buy a pre-programmed chip... if it doesn't blow up your motor, it won't do anything good for you.

But yes, ANY P28 is good, as long as it's from 92-95. OBD2 (96+) won't be good.

Comment

The engine in the Si and the EX (92-95) is the D16Z6, so same P28 for both.

Comment

okay beautiful. i ask a him to get it tonight so ima have it by midnight free. dont ask how. now. chip? where did ya buy ur chip at? cuz ebay got one for 15 dollar plus 10 shippin 25 bucks. wonder where all the rest of the other chip that are good at
          DEFJAM

Comment

http://jdmshit.com/ecu/index.html

that should help i recomend the jdm shit race h22 or mugen just remeber to get that puppy tuned

Comment

why those chip have rev limit less than 10 rpm? ? i heard a h22a engine could do 12,000rpm.. did i heard wrong??
              DEFJAM

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                why those chip have rev limit less than 10 rpm? ? i heard a h22a engine could do 12,000rpm.. did i heard wrong??
                completely, actually im rolling on the ground laughing at that statement to be honest. anything above 8500 on the h22 and ur really risking spinning rod bearings. who the hell told you 12k rpm redline needs to be shot in the penis. these arent crotch rocket engines.

My Members Ride Thread
                Originally posted by deevergote
                You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

goddam. are u sure? 2 people swear h22a can do 12 rpm when i tune my ecu change the rev limit to 12000 RPM. damm.. does everybody agree with this guy? i cant do more than 8500 rpm?
                  DEFJAM

Comment

isnt that common sense?????????????

Comment

goddam. are u sure? 2 people swear h22a can do 12 rpm when i tune my ecu change the rev limit to 12000 RPM. damm.. does everybody agree with this guy? i cant do more than 8500 rpm?
                      smack those people in the face. theres no need to rev an engine that high. the powerband in the h22 doesnt exceed much more then 8k. if you want to go higher then that, get a hatch and swap in a b16 and rev it to 10k. itll make power wen boosted all the wa to that.

My Members Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

ohhh.. well i'm new.. i just thought.. that since it's 200hp at 8rpm stock.. that if i had it rev to 12rpm. it will continue to be 200 hp all the way to 12rpm while gainin more mph. so when i switch gear at 12rpm it will drop down to like 8rpm and that's still 200hp right there.. so basically. stayin on 200hp thru out the whole race even when changing gears. i also once thought that since it's 200hp at 8 rpm.. that when it goes to 12 rpm it might be 250hp stock. i never really look into it i'm new at this rev limit and h22a and ecu tunin so my bad ya'll..thanks for tellin me tho
                        DEFJAM

Comment

ohhh.. well i'm new.. i just thought.. that since it's 200hp at 8rpm stock.. that if i had it rev to 12rpm. it will continue to be 200 hp all the way to 12rpm while gainin more mph. so when i switch gear at 12rpm it will drop down to like 8rpm and that's still 200hp right there.. so basically. stayin on 200hp thru out the whole race even when changing gears. i also once thought that since it's 200hp at 8 rpm.. that when it goes to 12 rpm it might be 250hp stock. i never really look into it i'm new at this rev limit and h22a and ecu tunin so my bad ya'll..thanks for tellin me tho

where did you come up with this?
                          Members Ride

Comment

lmao.. i didnt know . sum ***** told me the h22a can do 12 rpm. so i was wondering what so good about having it up to 12rpm . so i say those wildest idea and thought they were true dawg lol.
                            DEFJAM

Comment

AN h22a is not an F1 motor. You wanna spin a rod go ahead. And the normal h22a redline is not 8k unless your running a type s or a euro R if not the F20B. Other than that h22a redline is 7200. Your friends are dumbasses thats all I have to say. ANd you feel no power gain past 7500 if not sooner.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X