Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo

Me and a friend of mine were at a junk jard and foud a saab with a turbo on it. He says that I could make it work. I want to get some more opinions. If it will work what else should I take off the car other than the turbo itself.

If i remember right the saab has a t3 turbo no a very big one but a ok one go ahead and get the manifold you might be able to use the flange the intercooler and the charge piping

Comment

How much power will a t3 add?

Comment

Injector sizing/duty dictates how much power any compressor will add.

Comment

Originally posted by EXCoup
          How much power will a t3 add?
          more than power, you will get more torque...from what I know that turbo is really small, so it will spool fast and give u good low/mid range power.

it will make the car really fun to drive b/c of the extra torque...enjoy...oh yeah u might want to get either a new clutch or one with higher torque capacity.
          DEVOTE

Comment

I had a new stock clutch put in not too long ago but I was thinking I need a stage 2. I plan on put a h22 in when I get some money. The turbo also looks like it has some surface rust, is that an easy fix

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
              Injector sizing/duty dictates how much power any compressor will add.
              I read someone with 550 injectors with a t3 was close to 200hp.

Comment

14b 450cc 200whp.
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

The common saab turbos are .63 exhaust .42 intake, and .48 exhaust .42 intake.
                  If its a .63 exhaust, it won't be to bad. Either would work, but the .48 will be very restrictive.
                  L8r
                  Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                  01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by EXCoup
                    The turbo also looks like it has some surface rust, is that an easy fix
                    a lot of turbo housings have rust on them....not a problem...but if you want it to look really nice...get is ceramic coated...not only looks good but also u'll get less heat under the hood.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                      a lot of turbo housings have rust on them....not a problem...but if you want it to look really nice...get is ceramic coated...not only looks good but also u'll get less heat under the hood.

hmmm, coatings....

I'm a firm believer in them, and would recomend them to anyone.

For the manifold, turbo and downpipe it should be less than 200.00, and in the grand scheme of things, a good turbo kit will cost atleast 2000.00, so another 200.00 is not going to kill you. L8r
                      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                      01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                      X