Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

500whp/500wtq cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maroonaccord2.2
    replied
    Just found this....

1.8 @ 20psi = 500 bhp

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/932190...turbo_500_bhp/

Leave a comment:

• bigjoegood1
    replied
    Blazen,

The HHR SS will be makin 260 hp/260tq from a 2.0 liter turcharged ecotec 4 banger. Must be a domestic automaker thing.
    Last edited by bigjoegood1; 02-14-2008, 10:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• blazen_accord
    replied
    Originally posted by wed3k
    is there a point in trying to achieve this eveness in numbers?
    No point actually, just seeing lot of magazine posting many new sport car with even number lately, all usually with a v8 . Since with the new cafe 35mpg law, V8 will be less offered if not drop totally in new car soon. 500/500 is just a number i saw not a standard. going back to the old saying "there no replacement for displacement" while turbo virtually add displacement for the engine.was thinking if car maker later on offer 2.5L 4 bangger turbocharged to replace car that had v8.. would v8 truck/car owner ever accept it.

logically no honda 4 cyl engine would give up 60%more hp for 35% more tq..
    I guess it will come down to driving habbit and need.. do you more use for a 450hp/205tq or 320hp/290tq engine...

sorry the post is kinda "other topic" just thinking out loud..

Leave a comment:

• maroonaccord2.2
    replied
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    Something's wrong if you're pushing only 500tq on 30psi.
    x2

Leave a comment:

• d112crzy
    replied
    Something's wrong if you're pushing only 500tq on 30psi.

Leave a comment:

• MessyHonda
    replied
    it would be a drag motor....with like 30psi of boast and some race gas....no point on the street. unless you can run some drag tires on the street.

Leave a comment:

• dbsharp
    replied
    Why do you care if the car has even numbers? You could change alot of things in a build to favor power in the lower rpm's, such as cam specs and your choice of turbo, but I dont know if a turbo that is gonna put out that much power is gonna spool up in the lower rpm's and after 5252, you are gonna make more hp than torque, so you would have a narrow power band if you could set it up to have very close hp and tq numbers. I just don't see the practicality in it.
    more experienced people feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    Originally posted by wed3k
    What he said. Your car would be hopeless at 500tq. All you would do is spin on street tire. Its pointless IMO. FWD is a bitch. Muscle cars can make 500tq and so on for a reason they can put it to a ground because of how the weight transfers. Put that on an FWD its a different story.

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blazen_accord
    replied
    Originally posted by NAiL05
    huh? Someone is making 500whp if not close to it on an f22 block as i recall on here. lodollar or osmething like that.
    even match same number of Tq and hp. many sport sedan with supercharge v8 making 500hp/500tq. they use a 4.6L-6.4L to get that even number of tq with hp.

I was wondering if our smaller displacement honda engine turbo can make that much tq? and keep the hp low enough to match it. Our smaller honda engine usually make great high end hp but lack on tq. so a build engine turbo on a 2.2L will likely net 500whp/406wtq or 675wHP/500wtq but very hard to get 500/500 number.

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    huh? Someone is making 500whp if not close to it on an f22 block as i recall on here. lodollar or osmething like that.

Leave a comment:

• blazen_accord
    started a topic 500whp/500wtq cb7

500whp/500wtq cb7

A well respect number even to the big block v8 guys for an turbo 4 banger.

I know a built-up engine turbo f22,h22/h23....can make more then 500hp, it it all in the tuning but do you think it possible to get 500whp/500wtq? would displacement help even the number out more(2.3L, 2.4L)? old tuning trick is to rich up the a/f to get more tq vs leaning out a/f to get more hp. but an old calculator i find on the web a long time back, I recall for an 2.2L making 500wtq there is no way it can make less then 550whp...

anyway i think 500/500 to the crank is more easy to make then at the wheel.

comment?
Working...
X