Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

starting to tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting to tune

well, my shit got stolen (house broken into) i didn't need most of it, so i got some money from the insurance thinking of going into tuning ecu's
    as of right now i don't have any power mods on my car, but i decided to start stock to learn how to tune it, so i dont duck anything up when it comes to high-end mods.
    i was just wondering as to what route to take as far as hardware goes, i have seen hondata s300 with software and cables for $500
    but i would like to have real time data logging, and sensor read outs displayed on my tablet like on crome...
    any input would be appreciated!
    ps: no i am not going to do any road racing, i want to be able to tune my own ecu to a) cut on costs, and b) to be able to have separate maps, one for street and one for autox
    Last edited by lordoja; 05-02-2011, 12:19 AM.
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

i think in los angeles area craigslist there was a dude selling his stuff from moates. like data logging cable and chip burner etc. you should search it. might save you alot of money and he might be able to give you tips.

Comment

that s300 package has everything you need to start tuning.
      spin city

Comment

You put Chrome on your car you dont tune Chrome.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
          You put Chrome on your car you dont tune Chrome.
          To be less cryptic, he's telling you that its spelled "Crome."

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
            You put Chrome on your car you don't tune Chrome.
            actually my slate has chrome (as in google chrome) and i black chrome out on my car.
            i know how its spelled but i posted that from my phone and it auto-corrected it lol
            its fixed now, but thanks for the "comment" i guess

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
            that s300 package has everything you need to start tuning.
            does their datalogger come with real-time readings?

Originally posted by burntmushu View Post
            i think in los angeles area craigslist there was a dude selling his stuff from moates. like data logging cable and chip burner etc. you should search it. might save you alot of money and he might be able to give you tips.
            hm imma check it out thanks for the heads up
            Last edited by lordoja; 05-02-2011, 12:23 AM.
            Originally posted by scudweiser
            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

www.hrtuning.com
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                does their datalogger come with real-time readings?
                Yes hondata has realtime readout.
                It also has the ability to switch maps instantly, even while your driving.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                X