Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dyno tuning costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drummerwill View Post
    I was hoping that I could get a pretty good tune for about $400, give or take. I wish I had $700 to spend on a tune, but I'm not trying to be the fastest at the track, i just want to keep the motor from going kaboom while im driving to work and around town, etc. lol
    I can send you to Millenium Racing Development in Portsmouth. When you pull up to the shop and see the cars waiting in line for the dyno you will understand that you are in the right place. Tuning starts at $350, but sometimes can go up to $500 depending on how complex the tune has to be according to the build. Let me know when you go, I may do a small tune with you as well.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      I can send you to Millenium Racing Development in Portsmouth. When you pull up to the shop and see the cars waiting in line for the dyno you will understand that you are in the right place. Tuning starts at $350, but sometimes can go up to $500 depending on how complex the tune has to be according to the build. Let me know when you go, I may do a small tune with you as well.
      Sweet! I'll def check that out. I'm not looking to squeeze out every ounce of power, i just want to have a safe and reliable tune. I'm still in the budgeting stage of my build. I was going to get a motor to rebuild last week but unforseen circumstances do a number on one's wallet. I'm looking at having my car (hopefully) ready to go for a tune in july. I'll hit you up then.

BTW what software do they tune with? that way I can get a basemap setup.
      90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

They do anything. I've never heard them turn anything in particular away. I know they are most experienced with Crome, Hondata, and AEM since that's what we Hondas use; but if you choose otherwise I'm pretty sure they can hook you up.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Software EXP

Make sure the tuner has at least some experiance with the software you are going to use. It is you who will be paying for the hour it takes them to figure out settings and hot keys.

Every software has quarks that take some time to understand and figure out.

Finally if you are serious about your build, I engourage you to look into software other then crome, especially if you are interested in learning, and possibly tuning a bit yourself.

Crome free is great to play around on, and to build a map to get you to the tuner, but it has too many features that just don't work, and a lot of options that really don't seem to do anything. But by far the worst thing about it is that it does not support live logging, this means you have to use something like freelog. Ahhhhhhh the damn thing crashes more than it works.

Crome pro/gold as has been mentioned is nice, and supports love logging. The main advantage of this program is that it can tune multiple vehicles. With this being said it is almost the same cost as neptune and ectune.

I feel bad bashing crome, because it plays a very important role in the honda tuning world, but I encourage you to put some thought and money into the software that is in charge of all the money you put under your hood.

As always I have to put in a plug for neptune and the amazing customer service HRtuning for the win.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Ya, I was just messing with crome since it's free, that way i can play around and see what can be done. I'm going to use whatever program the tuner recommends. as long as it isnt hondata, I've just not heard anything good about hondata from friends and online. But i still have a lot to be done. Right now my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks, and im pretty sure that most of my engine rebuild savings is going to go to paying the shop. ehh... but such is life right?
            90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

Working...
            X