Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

3 maps on 1 ECU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 maps on 1 ECU...

Are there any ECU's or stand alone management systems that will allow a person to run 3 maps on a single unit? If this is possible, would you need a switch with 3 different positions?
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

I've seen a device that will switch between 2 maps, but never 3... It may exist, but I'm sure it's not common.

I'm sure a full stand alone system, or even running something like the Ostritch, will allow you to load a new map on the fly at any time... essentially giving you infinite options.

Comment

in the ford world, yes.
      www.850fab.com
      IG - @850Fab
      FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
        in the ford world, yes.

Chevys HPTuner has an option for that as well.

Ive seen a few speed density setups on imports (skyline, evo)that had 5-6 maps loaded, but Im not sure if they used an ostrich type device or ??? since they had laptops in the car.

The owners talked about atmospheric pressure effecting the way the car runs, so they adjusted it frequently.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Chevys HPTuner has an option for that as well.

Ive seen a few speed density setups on imports (skyline, evo)that had 5-6 maps loaded, but Im not sure if they used an ostrich type device or ??? since they had laptops in the car.

The owners talked about atmospheric pressure effecting the way the car runs, so they adjusted it frequently.
          i have a feeling that is using an ostrich-type realtime device.

the memory chips that are used in our honda ECUs are twice as large as they need to be - meaning there is room for a second map, and the Moates 2-Timer can switch between them seamlessly. I am not aware of any chips that are pin-compatible and are any larger than 2x the size, so I think you are out of luck.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
          X