Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

PT3/PT6 Tuning Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
    I've actually already contacted a few companies regarding finding the datasheet for this chip. I read that someone contacted ROHM Group / LAPIS Semi (what OKI Semi has become), and they came up fruitless. The details were lost in the acquisition/merger.

Here's an image, enough said:

-- edit --
    Hmm.. I just got a reply:
    http://desmas.net/D__CTM_CSI.doc
    -- end edit --

I am currently seeing myself as fulfilling your prophetical someone else, and perhaps also the right person. You're coming along for the ride, btw.

I feel like we're getting a bit OT from the topic of the thread. Perhaps we should have a moderator clean this up and split the two?
    I just need someone to understand the assembly language to make everything come to fruition. All I need to know is what memory addresses to edit, with what, or what formula to apply to the values for display purposes. Also figuring out the other side of the map scales is a high priority, but can always be figured out on the engine simulator. If I ever acquire an Ostrich/Demon I plan to add RTP support, for now I have an equivalent work around, to fill that void. Also in regards to datalogging these ecu's should be possible as a cn2 connector exists, although the rom code to do so is missing in for the board series. Most likely either the p13 code would have to have modified to work, or adapting the same code used with the civic ecu's.

So yeah... Those are just some of the things ahead.
    Last edited by cloudasc; 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

had this on my computer, dont know if it helps
      MSM66911:
      http://uploading.com/15mcd7f6/datasheet-pdf

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb3vtec View Post
        had this on my computer, dont know if it helps
        MSM66911:
        http://uploading.com/15mcd7f6/datasheet-pdf
        Thats about the closest you get to finding information about the 66911 processor. That file attached is for a 6691 DRAM Interface Integrated Circuit. The missing datasheet is for a 16-Bit Microcontroller... it should look similiar to http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pd.../MSM66201.html

Comment

I got a pt3 (with the LED)
          another pt3 with out the led eyelet
          an OBD1 AUTOMATIC ECU FROM AN INTEGRA
          and a spare P12

would any of these help the project?

Comment

Bumping this up to remind everyone of the hard work going into these cars from other member enthusiasts. Keep it up, Anthony.

I'm e-mailing you now.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You can add me to the list of testers, Ill just have to come up with a chipped pt3/6 by then lol

Comment

Bump, how is the project? How was the move?

Comment

Haven't had a chance to really continue the project, been really busy settling in here in California, I still do not have my desktop setup. When I get a chance, I plan to finish a few items, and then release a free developer edition so others can use the tool to look at the factory programming. Only feature that will be disabled/removed from code would be the save routine (which is currently unfinished). For each view mode, the save routine has to convert the view back to hex, and the current working memory updated in the proper locations.

Comment

Question,

I was wondering if you will be selling Chipped ECUs with a basemap ?

I have a stock F22A1 5-Speed with a LSD H22A Transmssion(i had to take out my Tuned H22A) and the lose of punch when i hit the gas is killing me.
                    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Not sure if this helps at all but a few of the late model dodges I've tuned recently have all used something similar to a MAF transfer function but they don't have a MAF sensor. The MAF values are inferred from the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor. I'm guessing the "MAF" table you found works similarly. Also, some GM's I've also tinkered with have 2 MAF curves. One for High MAF values and one for Low MAF values.

Edit:
                      I just checked out the pt-tuner wiki and on second thought the MAF tables you found are probably EGR tables. They look exactly like what I would expect them to.
                      Last edited by MRX; 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                        Question,

I was wondering if you will be selling Chipped ECUs with a basemap ?

I have a stock F22A1 5-Speed with a LSD H22A Transmssion(i had to take out my Tuned H22A) and the lose of punch when i hit the gas is killing me.
                        Unfortunately I do not, and do not plan on selling chipped ECUs. If anything I might offer a service to chip/convert PT3's to PT6's, or Automatic to Manual in the future. I can and will burn any 'basemap' or .bin/rom that is submitted to me, regardless of what ECU it is intentioned for.

Originally posted by MRX View Post
                        Not sure if this helps at all but a few of the late model dodges I've tuned recently have all used something similar to a MAF transfer function but they don't have a MAF sensor. The MAF values are inferred from the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor. I'm guessing the "MAF" table you found works similarly. Also, some GM's I've also tinkered with have 2 MAF curves. One for High MAF values and one for Low MAF values.

Edit:
                        I just checked out the pt-tuner wiki and on second thought the MAF tables you found are probably EGR tables. They look exactly like what I would expect them to.
                        That is useful to know, and shouldn't be that hard to check when on a simulator.

Comment

Antoine, wtf are you doing with Dodges?

Every time I see this thread resurface, my first instinct is to open it and say "you can't tune a PT3/PT6!"... but now you can.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Antoine, wtf are you doing with Dodges?
                            You know, I don't really like them either but if you want a flat torque curve that's still over 400 WTQ...look for a dodge. It's like the one good thing I can say about them lol.
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

It has been almost 3 years since I first started working on this project and have learned a lot. Unfortunately having a son who is almost 2 years old now, working full time, and moving cross-country, amongst other things have not left me much time to work on this software anymore. Since I first started writing this software, I've worked on several other coding projects, experimenting and learning different technologies, and have 'borrowed' code I have already written from one project to another, this software being no exception. As such I have started undertaking another major coding project (cryptco dot net), that I hope will be a highly lucrative venture. As such, with Fax4Free already being published, it bothered me that I haven't published what I've accomplished in regards to this project.

As such I have officially compiled the most recent edited version of my software, and it is now available for download on my site. This release is version Alpha 0.1.0.0 which unfortunately I never finished the save routine, so it is only useful as a viewer at this time, that can apply formula on the information displayed. I hope it helps someone with uncovering more information about these ecu's. Program is hard limited to reading 32KB files. Also the Version B when opening a file has a glitch on displaying the ignition maps, and will be addressed with a subsequent update over the weekend.

If you want to save files, I recommend copying the view data to your clipboard and saving it through a 3rd part hex editor at this time.

Also since this is new software, and is NOT open source, most antivirus and even web browsers (like IE) will flag the download, as such feel free to run it in a sandbox if you don't trust the download.
                              Last edited by cloudasc; 04-08-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

As an update, Version Alpha 0.1.0.1 is now available for download.

Changelog - Corrected Type B Ignition Map Start/End Locations to display properly, since they are using the 'reverse loader', it needed some small corrections.

Comment

Working...
                                X