Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

PT3/PT6 Tuning Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PT3/PT6 Tuning Software

Hello everyone, I got inspired to do a little bit of development for the non-existant ecu tuning scene for the PT3/PT6. Very little to nothing has been done with these ecu's, but hopefully pretty soon that will all be changing; as I found enough useful information, and someone with access to an engine simulator to write my own "Tuning" software that is compatible with the PT3 and PT6.

Alpha Version 0.0.0.0 (2020 Re-release) Available for Download

Here are some development progress photos (ordered from newest to oldest):

Currently the program supports:
    Manual & Automatic .bins
    PT3/6-Axx (USDM Fed), PT3/6-Jxx (Japan), PT3/6-Qxx (Australian) Ecu's
    [Other regions may work, I just don't have the .bin files to verify memory locations/compatibility]

Features:
    View and edit 4 fuel maps (6 for Australian/Japanese Ecu's)
    View and edit 4 spark advance maps (6 for Australian/Japanese Ecu's)
    View and edit 2 maf load maps (4 for Australian/Japanese Ecu's)
    Multiple Data Views (Integer, Percentage, Hex)
    Built in Hex Editor
    Color Coding with on/off feature
    Current Checksum Viewer
    Checksum fix routine (for when saving the file)
    Ability to save with a alternate/custom checksum

I also have access to a pt6 .bin file that was tailored for use on pt3's. (PT3 to PT6 Conversion)

Its a start, and a foot in the right direction, why let the civic and integra owners have all the fun?

The only things required to use the software is:
    A socketed (28-pin dip/zip combo) pt3/pt6
    A chip burner that supports 28 pin e/eeproms

Real Time Programming can be done using an Ostrich, or similiar device, with the software Tuner Pro.

There is no built in datalogging support at this time unless you want to plug in an obd1 scanner.

Highly recommended but not required is a Wideband Oxygen Sensor (with its own datalogging software like Innovate's), and an EGT sensor (to really dial in timing)

This software should be perfect to maximize the power of your "bolt on's", or cam upgrade; and the best part is it allows you to use your factory computer, and should retain all emission component functionality (or adjust for the lack of them).

Disclaimer: When this software is released I will not be held accountable for any damage, or consequential damage that is caused by the use of this software. Software will be provided "as is".

Who here is interested in using and/or preferably helping support the development of these ecu's?
    Last edited by cloudasc; 05-15-2020, 11:04 PM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

We now have a website PT-Tuner.com:

Wiki setup for any developers/contributers to post information on in a more organized fashon then a bb. (or you can email me at: cloudasc@pt-tuner.com with the information/files you would like me to post, or you may add it to this thread, and I'll update the wiki)

We also offer chip burning services, which include automatic to manual conversion chips, and user supplied .bin/roms.

Comment

So the software is nearing completion, and after its been run through Fuse's (cb7tuner.com) & sicknastyb17's (pgmfi.org) engine simulators; I am going to need "beta" testers to run this program through its ropes in the real world. Beta testers and Developers (people who contribute to development) will get the finalized version of the software for free, and get their name added to the "About" form. I'm going to start a list of people who are interested in testing this software on a "chipped" pt3/pt6. I'm going to need up to 10 "beta testers", so if your interested in testing let me know.

Testers will need:
      Chip burner or Ostrich Emulator
      Wideband o2 sensor with standalone logging (or integration support into tuner pro rt [for rtp])
      Optional but recommended: EGT datalogging (for properly tuning spark advance)

Beta Testers:
      1. [cp]mike (confirmed)
      2. Luis
      3. S_Swap
      4. djcaz_aom (confirmed)
      When I am going to release the program, it will be so that anyone can download it, and try it; but if you want to save changes done to the fuel, ignition, and maf load maps, you will need to purchase a license for $10. Proceeds from software sales will be used towards further development of the program, like purchasing an ostrich/demon to add real time programming support, and other features.
      Last edited by cloudasc; 01-09-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I just swapped the F back in.

I will also test it on the wife's daily.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
          I just swapped the F back in.

I will also test it on the wife's daily.
          Thats awsome, believe in the heart of the car
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Heres a little bit of good news for everyone, sicknastyb17 (from pgmfi) has been tearing apart some pt3's & pt6's, pulling roms, doing some comparisons and has confirmed and identified the components required to add iab's to a pt3!

Here are the values of the three components used for IAB's:
          D13 = Zener Diode 68v
          Q13E = C2655Y to 92L transistor (Cross Reference: 2SC2655, 2SA1020)
          R63 = 2.2k 1/8 watt resistor

I also looked up the cross reference part numbers for everyone, and tied them to their respective data-sheets.

He is also looking into a way to add vtec to these ecu's via a daughterboard.

Comment

when this is all done, are we going to be able to change basemaps like you can on a p06? or is this strictly f22a?
            COUPE K24

Comment

So far the p13 code has been tried on this family of ecu's, and it causes limp mode and batch firing of the injectors. So far we are limited to the current code base, but its not like it can't be altered when things are figured out. Regardless after I have done what I can initially for these ecu's, I will adapt my code to work with the p13 base, which hopefully will help me identify things in the pt3/pt6 codebase. My issue at the moment is, I do not understand assembly enough to make anything out of the disassembler dumps at this time (other then jumps), i'll probably have to pick up a book on the subject, or do some extensive reading to completely understand it. So I have been familiarizing myself from the hex side of things, identifying patterns (tables). Technically speaking I have mapped out only about 1/4 of rom code for the pt3/pt6, which is all the tables you can see in my examples, and on the wiki.

Comment

nice. so i guess we can load custom roms on these chips if its set as a pt6 map but has values of a different tune. like how you have to put accord/prelude maps on p06's.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Someone would have to manually translate/calculate the values of one set of tables on one ecu series to another, and I havn't figured out the metrics yet for the columns and rows. Also at the moment there is no advanced features like being able to turn off sensors, changing IAB activation, rev limit, etc. Thats why I plan on branching over to the p13 family afterwards. DOHC compatibility has not been tested either, so right now were limited sohc non-vtec engines, most specifically the f22ax, or any other engine that has used the pt3/pt5/pt6 family of ecus. DOHC compatiblity testing should probably be done by a knowledgable tuner, with the proper safeguards / monitoring tools in place, and maybe a junk motor first.
                  Last edited by cloudasc; 01-02-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                    Someone would have to manually translate/calculate the values of one set of tables on one ecu series to another, and I havn't figured out the metrics yet for the columns and rows. Also at the moment there is no advanced features like being able to turn off sensors, changing IAB activation, rev limit, etc. Thats why I plan on branching over to the p13 family afterwards. DOHC compatibility has not been tested either, so right now were limited sohc non-vtec engines, most specifically the f22ax, or any other engine that has used the pt3/pt5/pt6 family of ecus. DOHC compatiblity testing should probably be done by a knowledgable tuner, with the proper safeguards / monitoring tools in place, and maybe a junk motor first.
                    im down to test on my car. even if the map is bad or doesnt work, it should still revert back in safe mode to a stock f22a map right?
                    COUPE K24

Comment

Yes it should revert to the stock f22ax map if it doesn't work, when it happens I believe it uses the rom built into the cpu itself.

What engine do you have? If its DOHC, what happens when you plug in a pt3/pt6?

Comment

jdm f22b and its been running a pt6 almost the entire time ive had it. i ran a p14 for a while but the cel gets annoying to look at. never ran a pt3 before due to it not having IAB and the fuel/spark maps for a A6 atleast.

it runs great on a pt6. thats why i was wondering if i could chip the pt6 and load a p39 map on it from the f22b.
                        COUPE K24

Comment

I just looked up the p39 ecu, and it shares the same board as the p13 family of ecu's. So I looked at the documentation on the p13, and its map sizes are completely different, so its not like I can just copy and paste the values over.

Well if your f22b is truly happy and running properly on a pt6, then I would consider it supported. If you had access to standalone datalogger, you would be able to use this software to add more fuel or timing on your pt6, no need for the p39. Also from my understanding, bigger tables means more accurate tuning, and right now the pt3/pt5/pt6 ecu series has much larger maps then whats documented for the p13.

Comment

i just want the fuel/spark/redline of the p39. but i guess we cant just load stuff on it like i was hoping based on what your saying. :/ but ill just ride it with a pt6 for now. its smooth and has good power for what it is.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

I just placed an order to aquire enough components to assemble 100 IAB addition "kits" for the PT3, they will be available through my website as soon as they are recieved. Pricing will most likely be $2.50 a kit (thats half the xenocron charges for the IAB kit for the civic/teg ecu's), and I will offer a discounts on these for bulk purchases. $2 each when buying 5, and as low as $1.50 each (I can not even get these parts locally for cheaper) when buying 10 at a time, and with my shipping prices being as low as $1 it truly is a deal.
                              Last edited by cloudasc; 01-04-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X