Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Hondata S300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hondata S300

Are any of you familiar with tuning a Hondata S300? I just got one that was already installed in a P28 and I installed it in my car, loaded the Prelude map that came with the software, and made a few tweaks (mainly VTEC engagement, IAB control, disable knock sensor (to get rid of the MIL), and other minor things). First off, the ignition tables in that map are no good for my car... Also, it seems to run a bit richer and I'm getting knock all over the RPM range (reading knock from the sensor with a S-AFC). Attempted to tune the ignition map and got it to where it was driveable, then when VTEC hit in 3rd gear (yes, only in 3rd gear) the car sputtered BADLY. Backed off the throttle and drove the rest of the way to work. Then came home after work and loaded the P72 basemap, upped the injector size and it ran a lot better. Removed some of the timing and it was even better, but I'm still reading knock from the sensor.

Long story short, if any of you are familiar with this setup, I would appreciate it if you could send me a map that would get me going in the right direction. I'm going to get it dyno tuned soon, but funds say that I have to wait a few weeks at least.

Oh, in case you don't know, I'm running a mostly stock H22A1 with the M2F4 trans, Greddy header with 2 1/4 exhaust and an AEM CAI.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Too many variables, so honestly as long as your using a high octane such as 91-93 and are no higher than 27-28* timing anytime in vtec and WOT then you shouldn't be getting knock. It could easily be a rattling that the sensor is picking up tho so i can't give you a concrete "do this, do that, done."
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, I thought of the rattle issue, but it only started when I swapped out the ECU, so I scrapped that idea. I wasn't sure what the highest timing setting should be, so you HAVE helped. I'm going to check the low and high ignition maps, as I'm pretty sure that a lot of them are over 28*. The initial map had some of the timing cells at 42*, so I definitely lowered those before I loaded the map.

The highest octane I can get at the pump (at a somewhat reasonable price) here is 91 octane, so that is what I am running religiously.

Thanks for the input!

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

map the timing at 0 vac like this for your h22 and fill in the blanks progressively

2000rpm - 17
        2500rpm - 19
        3000rpm - 21.5
        3500rpm - 24
        4000rpm - 25.5
        4500rpm - 25.5
        4800rpm - 25.5
        vtec
        5200rpm - 26.75 (raise by 1-2 degrees) if not agressive enough)
        5800rpm - 28.25
        6300rpm and up 29

that should help out better, just make it progressive through the rpms

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Cool! Thanks, I'll try that! At least it's a place to start.

Comment

let us know how it works out

Comment

bump with some help for me. I also got the s300 in a p28

So i finally got a laptop with hondata's software on it, and i'm ready to get my ecu running better then decent before i pay for a full tune.

I've got a H22a with some headwork and stage2 cams. I've got a basemap off a prelude that was set up similar to mine, probably more aggressive headwork.

I run rich all the time. even more rich in VTec. I get a feel of stuttering or fuel cutting(or bad spark?) at about 2800-3200 rpm .. if i give it a bit more gass the car jumps to normal power. Vtec in 2nd, 3rd hesitates before engaging(set at 5k) And when it does engage I see a cloud of black smoke in my rear view mirror.

I'd like to get myself to run smoother and not so rich. I'm tired of cleaning my rear end every 2 days.. lol So if there are any suggestions that would be awesome.
              -:¦:-
              Originally posted by wed3k
              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Didn't you have it tuned by Jei? The best way is to be able to monitor everything and datalog. But for that you would need a wideband controller at the least. And a vacuum gauge would be extremely helpful! I just installed one in my car and I'll see how well it works.

Comment

if youve got another ecu run that til you have the money to get it tuned. then take the ecu with you when you go to the dyno and install it then. no sense in trying to tune it yourself and running the risk of blowing up the engine if you dont know exactly what your doing.

My Members Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                    bump with some help for me. I also got the s300 in a p28

So i finally got a laptop with hondata's software on it, and i'm ready to get my ecu running better then decent before i pay for a full tune.

I've got a H22a with some headwork and stage2 cams. I've got a basemap off a prelude that was set up similar to mine, probably more aggressive headwork.

I run rich all the time. even more rich in VTec. I get a feel of stuttering or fuel cutting(or bad spark?) at about 2800-3200 rpm .. if i give it a bit more gass the car jumps to normal power. Vtec in 2nd, 3rd hesitates before engaging(set at 5k) And when it does engage I see a cloud of black smoke in my rear view mirror.

I'd like to get myself to run smoother and not so rich. I'm tired of cleaning my rear end every 2 days.. lol So if there are any suggestions that would be awesome.
                    Make sure you have the lastest software version too - It can be downloaded from their site.
                    1) - How rich?
                    2) - Have you looked at the sparkplugs?

I've never really played with the VTEC switchover points, but It sounds like its running very rich one change over.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

If you want it tuned, get yourself a wideband. There's no way we can really "etune".

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

lol, i'm extremely afraid to tune alone. I will look into getting a wideband o2. I was just curious if maybe someone had an idea or a quick fix on how to eliminate the richness (without blowing my car up, lol). I currently just run my p13. It's just no fun! lol. but I am for sure going to save a butt-load of money and have Jei, at Blacktrax do a full tune from cold to hot. thnx guys!
                        -:¦:-
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

It's better to run rich than lean.

Comment

Not always.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              Not always.
                              x2.
                              Run it too rich, and you can wash the oil off the cylinder walls. That's bad....very bad.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X