Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU Chipping and Tuning FAQ** READ BEFORE POSTING**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can email you one if you'd like, what's your email?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

sandn07(at)gmail.com
      Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
      Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
      Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
      Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Alright Joser...I looked into this whole tuning thing. Looks like something i could get into, but not right now. Money is tight so picking up hardware and software is gonna be difficult.

Ive got alot of questions, but hate to look like a noob. Im interested not only in learning how to chip later on down the road, but im in need of a new ECU. Since i cant chip it myself, right now, im interested in knowing how much itll cost, how long itll take and how easy it will be for someone to chip an ECU for me.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

ECU = $20-$50 at most junkyards... easy to find a P06 because they come in the low-end Civics (which are getting pretty old now). They aren't really in demand like the P28 is.

Chipping kit = $20. I've seen them go for more, but all the ones I've ever seen used have been about $20.

Soldering iron = $10+... you don't need a GREAT one.

De-soldering tape = $7? Not sure. MRX used this stuff on my ECU, and it made the process quick, easy, and clean.

So in all, it's about $100 MAX for the stuff necessary to chip an ECU, including the ECU.

You can tune with a free version of Uberdata or Crome, though the paid versions of Crome or ECTune have more functionality. (resisting the urge to try to pirate one of those, as I really want to contribute to the scene by supporting the companies!)

A chip burner is about $75, I believe. The more you spend, generally the easier they are to use, I'm told.

Datalogging is easy, and the component do that is about $40. (if you don't have a laptop, then your price went up a couple hundred bucks! )

A wideband o2 sensor runs about $70 on ebay. I believe you can wire them up to a chipped ECU (Joser, am I right on this?)

That's really about all you need for a basic setup... unless I left something out!

Comment

Well, i appreciate the numbers, but im in the worst of all situations..i dont have a job, and now my car needs work done. I'll be lucky enough if my dad is willing to foot the bill for my car, otherwise, it aint going anywhere for awhile.

So even if i insisted on chipping the ECU myself, i cant afford it.

I didnt wanna come here and simply ask how much it would cost for a chipped ECU, but thats what im gonna have to do.

Whether i get the ECU myself or the "chip-er" gets one, chips it and sends to it to me..I just need an estimate. I imagine i could find a p06 around here.

Why p06 though? Why not just use the p14?

Like i said, i dont wanna sound like a noob, but i just wanna find out how much itll cost to get a chipped p06/p14 or if i get the ECU, how much itll cost to have it chipped..

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc

Why p06 though? Why not just use the p14?

Like i said, i dont wanna sound like a noob, but i just wanna find out how much itll cost to get a chipped p06/p14 or if i get the ECU, how much itll cost to have it chipped..

You can use a p14. Man up and wire up a knock sensor. The knock sensor should already come on the h23 you're planning to get. It's 1 wire.

If you're talking about chipping it, then go back to the first post and re read it.

I can chip an ecu for you for $130 shipped to you. This doesn't include the price of the ecu. That always depends on how much the ecu is. I usually have the customer buy the ecu where they please and send it to me get chipped.
              Last edited by d112crzy; 01-29-2008, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                You can use a p14. Man up and wire up a knock sensor. The knock sensor should already come on the h23 you're planning to get. It's 1 wire.
                I would if i had a diagram or knew how to wire up a knock sensor for an H23 swap. Sure its 1 wire, but i dont have a clue what to do with that wire or anything.

Yes, i lack THAT much knowledge...

Comment

Then learn by searching. I'll give you a tip, seach "knock sensor" in the swap's forum.

It's on the 1st page. If you can't find it, give up. It's actually the first thread you should have read before you posted about swapping.

Comment

If you can't find it, give up.
                    simply lovely...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

can a moderator please delete any of the non ecu related posts.

Comment

I searched and there was a thread on that but cp[mike] sidetracked him with an oil pressure sensor, not a knock sensor. He never posted up saying whether or not he got it wired up.

Something about a black/yellow red/blue wire...

Assuming i get myself a wire and "wire up the knock sensor" i dont know what to do with that wire. I stick one end in the D3 socket of the ECU, then what? Run it into the knock sensor plug on the H23...?

Comment

How much more confusing can it get than that? It's that simple. Stop over complicating things.

Comment

Alright. I didnt think it would be that simple.

Id imagine youd be suggesting i go chipped to make some business but...

Thanks for putting up with my crap. For real. I know...I suck

Comment

any pros and cons about Neptune? im thinking about getting it tuned using Neptune Software.
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

ok.. i have got the chip burner package which includes the burn1, datalogging stuff, and a couple of zif sockets and chips. also purchased the nc1 wideband gauge kit. with that in hand i should be able to tune .. correct?? but my real confusion is that what the hell am i looking for or how should i adjust the bin file according to what the wideband is reading ?? this is hard to explain in writing.... umm so with a basemap installed in the chip i can start the car and then while it is running can I adjust the map and save it to the chip without having to burn it again ?? i mean ... do i have to take the chip out each time to burn it with the data saved from the readings ?? and is datalogging where you can tune on the run .. like tune the ecu while driving down the road ??

ok.. one last question.. is there a place where i can read up on all this ... like is there a chip buring post or book for DUMMIES ?? LOL

I am asking all this because there are very little to no good tuners close to where i live.... or at least none that i know of... so i would be very cost effective for me to just learn this.

Comment

Working...
                                X