Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

400 whp with built H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 whp with built H22

Can anyone tell me the items needed to produce 400 whp with my H22 Accord? The engine was recently rebuilt with 8:1 compression pistons. The turbo I plan to use is the Precision SC61 turbo. What else is needed for a complete turbo kit? Who manufactures the large intercoolers?

Thanks
    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

I hope your block is sleeved.

Contact Tony from Import-Palace.com. He'll get you a great kit put together.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

the amount of boost you will have to be running for that setup to make 400 whp is gonna be in the lower to mid twenties. if the motor is built strong enough to handle it, and your turbo is big enough, you just gotta crank it up really.. but there is a lot more to it than i have the knowledge for. goodluck, and i hope you get it
      92 lx
      automatic
      slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

umm lots, I don't know if you just dropped the comprssion or if you put forged rods/pistons but here you go...
        Probably cryo treated crank, forged rods/pistons, A darton or aebs sleeve, Manifold, 3" or larger downpipe (good luck getting that to fit...) Coolant lines and coolant line taps, oil lines, oil line tap, oil pan tap, vacuum lines, some sort of Fuel management, ignition, probably an ignition retard, I'd reccomend an electronic boost controller so you aren't running 20psi all the time, All turbo and intercooler piping, and an intercooler, wastegate, and to make 400WHP I'd replace the intake manifold and Port and polish the head, as well as get some cams, do the head work (titanium valvesprings retainers stainless valves etc.) then your looking at bulletproofing the transmission axles and an lsd to get it to the ground. trying to think of anything else.... That's how I'd do it, and that's if you don't get into al;l the safety equiptment needed to run it at the track, My advice do it step by step collect all your parts and then boost 35 or 40psi
        Ace 22
        Criminal Intent Racing
        Orlando, FL

Comment

Oh and look into the GT28RS or the GT30R Garrett turbos cause you arn't gonna spool up for a while
          Ace 22
          Criminal Intent Racing
          Orlando, FL

Comment

Originally posted by ace22
            My advice do it step by step collect all your parts and then boost 35 or 40psi
            This isn't a Cummins diesed now man. Really 35-40 psi?! You could litterally blow the spark plug out of the head with that much cylinder pressure, that is if the weakest things don't give first, rings, head gasket, etc. Seriously though to run a psi like that on an H22 is unheard of. The car would be totally unstreetable at best.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

LOL 40 psi. accordsir did 400 whp with +-20 psi.

Comment

unstreetable yes, even twenty pounds is on the verge of unstreetable, if your looking for reliability 20psi isn't the way to go any way. We are running 20psi on an h22 prelude and we have already had to rebuild the turbo twice and replace more gaskets due to heat than i can even count, we hope to run 30 psi by the end of '05 .
                Spark plugs blowing out, now thats what i am talking about, that would be one impressive sight, Especially when running custom threads, we'll se if your prediction comes true, we expect to have "the lude" running around 40 by mid year 06.

Quote: LOL 40 psi. accordsir did 400 whp with +-20 psi.

Never said it would take 40psi to do 400hp read the thread...
                Last edited by ace22; 10-02-2004, 04:59 PM.
                Ace 22
                Criminal Intent Racing
                Orlando, FL

Comment

sleeved block, upgrade oil pump gear and system(most forgot about system when boosting), One hell of a fuel system, and engine managment.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

What turbo are you using?

Comment

dont forget to pray to the "Please dont let my engine disintegrate from to much boost" gods

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I don't believe I'l have to run as much boost for 400 HP as many people think. I like your car

Peace

Comment

12-16psi with a nitrous express N-tercooler kit=400ish!

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Thats around the amount of boost I would expect. Thats far less than those assuming 30 to 40 psi.

Comment

I'd say a little less boost and a 75-100 shot of nitrous would be a little easier on the turbo and a couple other parts possibly. I'm not really sure if it would make the pressure any lower or not though. Pressure and temperature are directly related so it would just depends on how much nitrous would raise the temperature compared to an extra 10 lbs of boost or so....

Comment

Working...
                              X