Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo f22 exhaust piping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo f22 exhaust piping help

Ok. I am piecing together my turbo kit, and while the recent thread I posted in seemed to think stupid of me, I am relentlesly posting again here, in hopes of some help. I am curious as to what I should run for exhaust. I wanna know what to run, turbo back. Right at the moment I have a dc-sports header, to the stock system, and hten a maxspeed muffler out back. I wanna do what's best for the turbo. I dunno what benefits are to each size, but I hear the most common are hte 2.5 and 3 inch piping. Were can you buy such a kit? Or, do I but a cat-back system off of ebay (or other place) that is 2.5 inches piping, and then someone makes me a downpipe..?

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

just go to muffler shop and tell them put on 3 inch pipe all tha way to da muffler

Comment

Typically a 2.5" to 3" tubing will be the best for a somewhat low boost setup. I assume you are going the dsm route and are getting 8psi. Well 2.5" or 3" will be more than enough for you.

I hope you know the dc header will be tossed for a turbo manifold . As far as the muffler I have never heard of it . But I went with 2.5" mandrel bent cat back to a magnaflow muffler and I love it. Its all about taste in that department.

You may want to look at getting either a test pipe or run your downpipe from the turbo to the cat...I know on the cb7 right before the cat it goes down to like 1.25 or 1.75 in diameter .

Hope this helps
      No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

ok you'll definately have to get the downpipe made at a muffler shop and don't let them charge u more than $150-$200 for it. www.kteller.com is where i got the exhaust for my turboback setup. My downpipe is 2.5" mostly. Unfortunately we had to drop down to 2 1/4 piping to get the downpipe angled out of the engine bay . From there i have a 3" catback i guess u could call it to a MeganRacing Muffler.

My full exhaust setup is thus:
        2.5" mandrel bent downpipe w/ O2 bung
        2.25" crushbend
        2.5" pipe with O2 bung and a 2.5" flexpipe welded on and the flexpipe has a flange
        2.5" Glasspack with flange to connect to flexpipe
        Mr.Gas 2.5" - 3" adapter (its nice and the transistion is smooth) with flange
        flanged 3" kteller exhaust
        3" Megan Racing Muffler

The sound is mostly what i've always been concerned about. With this setup i got a very very low tone from idle to redline. The bass at idle is crazy and makes the ground shake if ur no more than 2 feet away from the muffler. Its not LOUD LOUD even at WOT. Its just very bassy. If u ever plan to maybe throw in some rods and pistons i'd say get the 3" piping. I rode around with the turbo on but the charge pipes disconnected for awhile with the 3" exhaust on. Although lowend torque was missing alot it still wasn't as bad as ppl said. And the piping allowed me to boost much faster i bet. In a 4th gear pull i see 1psi by 1900 rpm. Its all up to u tho. For resale options i'd get the 2.5" cause then u could sell the setup to n/a ppl as well. And it is possible to get a 3" downpipe to fit its just not easy. I have the measurements and i may try them someday. Hope this helps. Also i asked this same question in this forum section awhile back. Do a search and u'll find my exhaust thread
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I kinda figured I'd get like the n1 exhaust by tsudo r the fireball. I want a good sound..not too low. My current muffler is quite loud. I also like the size of hat larger tip, since my current tip seems kinda small. I just dunno where to get the downpipe or whatnot. I should ask randy around here, since he just got his done. Also, where did you all get the intercooler piping?

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137
          Black Doubt Crew member #2
          Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

my personal setup was actually a custom kit for a 5th gen accord. So most of the piping i needed i already had. But i did by extra's (thank the heavens) from www.homemadeturbo.com and ebay. Look around cause i was getting 2" mandrel u-bends for like $13 shipped. Kteller.com also has piping and good shipping. Just collect like 4 u-bends for each side of the intercooler and you should be ok. U can also get special silicone couplers that have 30 and 45 and 90 degree angles to make life easier. Got some of those off ebay
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

you can fit a 3 inch down pipe its not that hard you just cant do it with a dsm turbo.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
              X