Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my orange acclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my orange acclipse

hey guys juts tough i'd shar my setup with you i finished 3 weeks ago and its still running fine exept for some oil blowing trough the turbo seals ... here goes ( and yes its dirty so don't complain :P )

Lookin good maing. Get a thread up over at the members rides section

Comment

Whats the set up ?
      i am looking to turbo my f22a6 too and wondering how do u do this?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

looks alright...question tho. Does heat transfer from the exhaust manifold to the charge pipe due to that bracket?
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
          Lookin good maing. Get a thread up over at the members rides section
          i agree, the set-up looks good... but i wanna see pics of the whole car.. and get some numbers.. preferably dyno, or track times..

My Ride

Comment

i will be taking morep ics this weekend and putting all the info on my car in the member section

So far i did not dyno it or ran on the track yet , and i won't be able this year so that'll have to go next year when i find the map for uberdata .

Comment

the heat transfered from the bracket to the charge pipe are minimal ( i can touch the charge pipe and not get burned right away ) the purpose of this bracket is to hold down the charge pipe so it won't touch the radiator or the power steering hose .

also i would'nt suggest anyone using the hks blow-off valve like i have , sounds like a turkey :P

Comment

Originally posted by myrmex
                the heat transfered from the bracket to the charge pipe are minimal ( i can touch the charge pipe and not get burned right away ) the purpose of this bracket is to hold down the charge pipe so it won't touch the radiator or the power steering hose .
                Check that pipe after the car has been driving around. 5 minutes after u turn off the car and it should be really hot. My pipes coming off the tb are getting heatsoaked after a couple of hard runs so i'm just lookin out for ya. We don't need any heat caused detonation going around
                just my opinion but this should work. I think you would have the same success as far as mounting goes if u turned that bracket to face the front and screwed it to the frame right in front of the radiator but not too close to the hood latch.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i would put some dynomat heatshield under hte hood, and wrap up the pipe in front of, and above the turbo..heat rises. Also, where did you get the hard piping for the intercooler (I am assuming u got an fmic-starion?)

-A .Swift
                  CB7 member number 137
                  Black Doubt Crew member #2
                  Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

full setup include :

- T3 fro ma merc 300d ( t3a0301 )
                    - stealthmode feed line kit with ball pressure regulator
                    - C.C.A. intercooler
                    - hks blow off valve
                    - 390cc injector
                    - apex'i safc V1.
                    - greddy boost controller
                    - hks blow-off valve air filter ( no shit ahahah)
                    - 2,5 inch full mandrel bent exhaust including 1 36 inch glasspack cherry bomb and 1 cherry bomb turbo muffler with dual o2 bong for wideband kit. ( all homemade )
                    - all Ic piping was made with mandrel bent 2 inch piping and i used 2 1/8 inch prestone hose ( i think it was 2 1/8 not sure tough..) for the coupler.

The whole setup costed me roughly 3000 CAD (or 2200 USD) including the mig welder and the mig gaz tank i bought.

Comment

Thing next to do :

- buy a p28 , chip it and run uberdata
                      - buy a wideband kit to street tune.
                      - put back stock suspension so exhaust won't scratch asphalt
                      - change turbo center piece to stop oil blow trough.
                      - change motor :P
                      - go on the track .

Comment

Originally posted by myrmex
                        Thing next to do :

- buy a p28 , chip it and run uberdata
                        might wanna get a p06 since its alot cheaper to find...unless u can get ur hands on a p28 for less than $75ish

Comment

Working...
                        X