Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best way to learn how to tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to learn how to tune?

I wanna do the dsm turbo set up on my car and want to know the best way to learn how to tune, I'm a begginer but I have alot of time before I go turbo and I just want to learn about everything before I go through with it, maybe some websites and easy to use programs thanx
    Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Trial and error.... just be conservative with adjustments.

I seem to rememebr the megasquirt website having some tuning information on it. Or maybe it was SDS.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

start reading on pgmfi.org
      Or, you can search. there is a lot of info on the net about tuning, all you need to do is search for it, then read it.
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
        start reading on pgmfi.org
        Or, you can search. there is a lot of info on the net about tuning, all you need to do is search for it, then read it.
        Then spend $800 on tuning equipment and go to town.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

WOOO BOOST...yeah Lol. Be prepared, tuning comes with its own price-tag How far have you gotten on your DSM setup so far?
          Confucius say...when god gives you gators...make Gatorade

Comment

Originally posted by TristansCB7 View Post
            WOOO BOOST...yeah Lol. Be prepared, tuning comes with its own price-tag How far have you gotten on your DSM setup so far?
            not that far just picked up the manifold and shopping around for the rest so i basicly just started i wanna get everything by the summer so i have plenty of time
            Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Comment

I just DIY "street tuned" my Tercel (when I had it) to 15psi..... Worked OK for me.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

what supporting mods did you have on your tercel, that sounds pretty crazy...

Comment

It was pretty a simple build

* J/Y T3 from a chrysler
                  * Celica 315cc injectors (stocks are 155)
                  * SAAB FMIC
                  * 2.5" charge pipes
                  * chrysler BOV
                  * SAFC for tune
                  * Ultra 94 all the time
                  * autometer "ricey rainbow" a/f gauge (just so I could make sure it didnt go lean)

It was crude, but brutally effective.

Im sure I could have done a much better job with a better piggyback and a wideband.... but my TOTAL COST including the car purchase was maybe $1000 or so.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Working...
                  X