Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo comparing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo comparing

can any1 give me a size comparison between the ever popular 14b and a tb0335. or even a te04h?

come on boost guys. this could bring me 1 step closer 2 completion

Comment

What exactly do you want to know? your question does not make any sense!

But if you want get good turbo, go for Big 16G or Big Evo III 16G

Comment

start by judging what your realistic HP goals are then you can decide what turbo you want.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

google search if size is all you want

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

all im lookin for is like their flow rate and spooling comparison. im eventually gettin a 16g but god only knows how long dudes gonna take 2 put his 20g on. i have the option 2 get 1 of those other turbos 2 hold me over til he gets me the 16g but if their any smaller than the 14b then im not even gonna bother. i know they came on the plymouth sundance turbo so i know their kinda smaller but if its atleast gonna help me get started then i say go for it. but like i said.... i aint goin 2 small

Comment

16gs are week lol i personally would go no smaller then a 50 trim in my honest opinion.. good spool time and puts u in the 3-350 range.. but i am a fan of the 6061.. it deff depends on realistic powere goals..

with a 14 b u might as well save ur money and spray on the motor itd be more efficient then that tiny turbo and less hassel
              good luck
              I MISS MY CB7

Comment

boost > nitrous

any day of the week..... nitrous is for spooling turbos in my oppinion

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                96 lexus sc300 DD
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

I dont have any flow maps you ask for, but I do have big 16g map that is ploted to our motor.

And you know you can convert 14b to big evo 16g for under $200-$300 depends what parts you want/need to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by joecoupe View Post
                    16gs are week lol i personally would go no smaller then a 50 trim in my honest opinion.. good spool time and puts u in the 3-350 range.. but i am a fan of the 6061.. it deff depends on realistic powere goals..

with a 14 b u might as well save ur money and spray on the motor itd be more efficient then that tiny turbo and less hassel
                    good luck
                    Are you serious?

As I do not know you, I will assume your lol after the 16gs are weak comment was indicative of sarcasm and not flame away, as I am among the gigantor e3b16g turbo fanboys.

Boost is soooo much more fulfilling than nitrous, and a dsm turbo setup is cake to install. I ran a 75 shot through a NOS wet kit for a couple weeks before I realized that I wanted to be turbo again (first car I ever owned was turbo). WIth boost the power is always there, and there aren't 30-50 dollar refills that you need to worry about either. Nitrous is great for some people, but after having both on our cars, I must say that boost is great, even with a little 14b. I ran mine for over a year, made 240+whp on it, and drove it daily. Great turbo for the price, and the real evo 3 big 16g has been a great improvement since then. More power, more cfm, still quick to spool, but stays out of boost when I just cruise. Many dsm guys have been in the 10's with that turbo. Not everyone needs a gt47 to be quick! (That's a yoke)

Regardless, the cfm rating on a 14b is 405cfm and the e3b16g is 550. I do not know the cfm rating on the other turbo you listed.

Go boost, I have never once regretted it.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                      Are you serious?

As I do not know you, I will assume your lol after the 16gs are weak comment was indicative of sarcasm and not flame away, as I am among the gigantor e3b16g turbo fanboys.

Boost is soooo much more fulfilling than nitrous, and a dsm turbo setup is cake to install. I ran a 75 shot through a NOS wet kit for a couple weeks before I realized that I wanted to be turbo again (first car I ever owned was turbo). WIth boost the power is always there, and there aren't 30-50 dollar refills that you need to worry about either. Nitrous is great for some people, but after having both on our cars, I must say that boost is great, even with a little 14b. I ran mine for over a year, made 240+whp on it, and drove it daily. Great turbo for the price, and the real evo 3 big 16g has been a great improvement since then. More power, more cfm, still quick to spool, but stays out of boost when I just cruise. Many dsm guys have been in the 10's with that turbo. Not everyone needs a gt47 to be quick! (That's a yoke)

Regardless, the cfm rating on a 14b is 405cfm and the e3b16g is 550. I do not know the cfm rating on the other turbo you listed.

Go boost, I have never once regretted it.
                      said it all once again

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                      96 lexus sc300 DD
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

i gave out my personal opinion im not flaming.. go big or go home i realize that 16's are efficient turbos.. but if ur gonna spend the money bye one u wont every have to upgrade agian if u so decide ur hp goals arent enough up the booste and get it retuned..

im not a fan of dsm turbo's but u guys seem smart im sure ull make a good decision
                        I MISS MY CB7

Comment

i gave out my personal opinion im not flaming.. go big or go home i realize that 16's are efficient turbos.. but if ur gonna spend the money bye one u wont every have to upgrade agian if u so decide ur hp goals arent enough up the booste and get it retuned..

im not a fan of dsm turbo's but u guys seem smart im sure ull make a good decision
                          Thats pointless. Most "reputable" turbo suppliers have a compressor map on there site showing how it will flow and so on. That will tell you what you need for your power goals. If you need a big turbo and your not using the full capability it is pointless. Anyway most turbos arent made by japanese companies they are outsourced to IHI, Garrett, etc...

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

If you know how to read flow map, you can see that "Big 16g" fits our motor great through all RPM range and some. Evo III 16g flows 550 cfm at 14.7psi
                            and will hold it's efficiency till 25psi and that will put you in 400 - 500 hp range. Why would you want more

Comment

Working...
                            X