Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

? #1, and encounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? #1, and encounting

i have worked with turbos before, but when i wanted to turbo my civic, i had to swap in a D16z6 engine, wire Vtec and everything, and it was a pain in the ass. but now i just bough my first accord, but i am having trouble figuring things out. like here r my ?`s

#1 which engine do u prefer to turbo? (on a civic i would have had to switch to a d16 cause the d15b7 was way to weak, on an accord i hear u can pretty much use any engine that comes in it cause the rods are all the same strength).

#2 i wanna use FMU and a wideband o2 sensor to check for rich lean conditions and thats it, is that cool to use and have u guys ever done this or do u all tune? (this should be fine as long as i pick the right diaphram).

#3 the engine makes 130 to the wheel ruffly stock right. I have and auto. and i want 180- 200 on stock internals. is that respectable and can the trani. keep up with the abuse?

thnx in advance

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Re: ? #1, and encounting

Originally posted by LXaccord92

#1 which engine do u prefer to turbo? (on a civic i would have had to switch to a d16 cause the d15b7 was way to weak, on an accord i hear u can pretty much use any engine that comes in it cause the rods are all the same strength).

#2 i wanna use FMU and a wideband o2 sensor to check for rich lean conditions and thats it, is that cool to use and have u guys ever done this or do u all tune? (this should be fine as long as i pick the right diaphram).

#3 the engine makes 130 to the wheel ruffly stock right. I have and auto. and i want 180- 200 on stock internals. is that respectable and can the trani. keep up with the abuse?

thnx in advance

1) any engine that came out of the accord/prelude you can run boost on.. its purely preference.. there all strong and can handle low boost easily..

2)I DONT recommend that.. accords are strong.. but they dont like to be treated like shit.. that usually ends up in a blown motor in most cases due to shit tuning.. either run a piggy back setup

something like Apex-i SAFC or HKS's version of it. or a lil more expensive like E-manage..

personally id run freeware setup.. (uberdata/crome/turboedit) u may be familiar with one of these.. if not i suggest that u make it ur work to become familiar with it..

3) you can make around 200hp or so with stock everything.. oh well the tranny will hold up depends on how much u abuse it.. ive seen several auto accords pushing 8-10psi on there auto trannies.. there are two members on here that are auto and turbocharged..

JARISS and aznbadass92lx both auto and both pushing around 8psi

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

but since u do have a turbo, i am not any of the fre software to tune works on the AT accord, i am about to start putting my turbo stuff on here in about amonth, and i am running the SAFC2 and 450 cc injectors

Comment

Re: ? #1, and encounting

Originally posted by LXaccord92

#3 the engine makes 130 to the wheel ruffly stock right. I have and auto.
        I wish I was making 130 whp, and I have a mannytranny.
        -Jay

Comment

Yeah it's more like 110 to the wheels if you have a manual and about 100 or so with an auto. I would also advise against using an FMU.

Comment

Working...
          X