Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo in the Winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who says you can't drive a turbo car in the winter? Not ALL the roads are iced/snowed over
    ____

Comment

Yeah I definitely don't have enough cash for 2 cars, I'm only 17.
      I guess I just get some wire to protect the intercooler from any dirt.
      Current:
      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
        sorry to tell you this...but schools don't teach you shit...I know first hand...they give you some very FEW basics...but it's mostly take part A off...put new part A on...and that's it. Was really let down by my engine rebuilding class...all we did was take it apart...plastigauge...then put it back together...we passed if the engine could be turned over by hand...as if that meant it was done right
        I feel bad for you then man, B/c my school goes very "In Depth" about all means of forced induction. When I get to where I'm going I'll start out as a master mechanic/tech...We went over forced induction for at least 2 months...building turbo and sc cars, driving them....we dont just take a motor apart and rebuild it, we go over every bolt, what it does and how it does its job.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
        White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
          I feel bad for you then man, B/c my school goes very "In Depth" about all means of forced induction. When I get to where I'm going I'll start out as a master mechanic/tech...We went over forced induction for at least 2 months...building turbo and sc cars, driving them....we dont just take a motor apart and rebuild it, we go over every bolt, what it does and how it does its job.
          Thats fine and dandy that your school does that, the school i went to did the same. But when it comes to being in the real world and working on customer cars its a whole nother world being a master mechanic. A master tech, even if he has the label of being a master tech, is not one until he has at least minimum 5 years experience. Knowing the theory behind a motor or even a wrench for that matter doesnt mean you know how to fix it or build it, every single car is different.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
          X