Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22b turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b turbo

I'm looking to turbo my f22b as soon as I get it installed. I'm going to get my friend's eclipse stock turbo(t25 20K mi) from him for $100, is that a good price? And when you get the 450cc injectors, are you talking about the dsm injectors, or aftermarket? Last thing, I know exactly how a turbo works and all, but I know nothing about the fuel management and ecu. What is chipping the ecu, and why does everyone use the p05 p06 for it? Couldn't you use a greddy fuel management system? although I know it is a lot more expensive.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=pressure

that will give u an idea of the fuel management

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=10335

i explained practically everything there is to know about chipped ecu's...if u need any help in relation to chipped ecu's ask in that thread but be sure to read it all first

450's are the dsm injectors in most of our cases...easy to install and work great...for $50 u can't really beat it unless they get too small

$100 for a t-25 is a good price. It will spool very quickly but power will die fast also

I'm currently helping another member with the f22b. I will be making a map for the f22b and he will modify it and post it most likely in the next couple of months. Use any management u want just make sure its right for you. My philosophy is if someone else can do it then so can i so thats why i choose to chip a p06 with uberdata and make my own map.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

for my f22 turbo all i used was a vafc and some dsm 450's for my feul management and it worked mint. And for like under 300 bucks you cant go wrong!
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c
        for my f22 turbo all i used was a vafc and some dsm 450's for my feul management and it worked mint. And for like under 300 bucks you cant go wrong!
        hope you remembered to retard your base timing

DSM 450cc inj - $50
        Chipped ecu from me - Roughly $110-130 Depending on the ecu price you or i get
        Building 6 psi from a stand still - Priceless

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

hehe. FTL ownage

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

yeah, I'm getting the turbo, injectors and maybe some other stuff from my friends 1st gen eclipse. I still need to find the 2nd gen manifold and maybe a fuel pump and regulator. I might ask one of you guys to do my ecu, because I'm not to good at them.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

one other thing, does anyone know the redline on the p39 ecu? And can you change the rev limiter on the f22a ecu to be the p39 redline? And a question nobody answered, so when I turbo, I can either get a chipped p06 ecu and use uberdata or use a fuel/air controller from apexi. Whats the difference? and in your opinions, what is better?
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                one other thing, does anyone know the redline on the p39 ecu? And can you change the rev limiter on the f22a ecu to be the p39 redline? And a question nobody answered, so when I turbo, I can either get a chipped p06 ecu and use uberdata or use a fuel/air controller from apexi. Whats the difference? and in your opinions, what is better?
                chipped ecu is better because you can not only do everything the S-AFC can do for less...you can do more...way more. The S-AFC also has to "trick" the ecu into thinking its not seeing boost. In doing so and sizing down the amount of fuel coming out the injectors it actually advances the timing. You'd have to purposely set you base timing off (retard it) or get an msd btm....alot of money and you'll lose power not to mention you'll have no idea where your timing is set. Its up to you. The S-AFC is easier to learn probably. You'll have to understand chipped ecu's to benefit from them(heaven forbid), but no one's ever gotten anywhere without learning.

Comment

Working...
                X