Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Mounting a Half Rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a Half Rad

So ive decided to go turbo and before that im gonna do A LOT of engine prep, im gonna build a f22a6 and all that jazz. but thats back on topic tho, im thinking of doing a civic Half Radiator and im curious how do you mount that? thanks for the help brah

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
    Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

I relocated the stock lower mounts on mine, and then used one of the stock top brackets to support the top.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=105816
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 10-23-2009, 06:49 PM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i took one of my accord Radiator brackets. drilled two holes in the Radiator support frame. sat one of the bottom (civic) Radiator pegs in the accord Radiator peg holder. and used the accord Radiator bracket on the top (civic) Radiator peg.

you want it to fit as tight as possible

it should look like this.

Comment

the top one looks easy. just one bracket? is that safe?

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
          the top one looks easy. just one bracket? is that safe?
          Thats what I did and its fine untill you get bad wheel hop, then it moves outta place a lil.

I went to the track this weekend and gotta bad launch. The rad moved outta place a lil but it didnt fall out or anything like that. Just had to take the top mount off, sit it right and put the top mount back on.

Comment

how do i mount it so it wont move around a ton?

Comment

u gotta get the other bottom mount cut, moved, and welded.

Comment

i see, well... thats a problem cuz i dont have access to a welder. would oxi acetelene welding be good or should i just hunt down a mig welder?

Comment

you can get radiator mounts off of ebay for cheap. all you have to do with those is drill new holes and your done

Comment

i'm only using one stock mount on the pass side for the bottom, relocated one of the stock top ones (had to drill one hole), and i drive my car harddddddddddd, and it holds up fine

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

that looks good, wheres the best place for a half rad, i dont trust ebay generics

Comment

that's actually what mine is, ebay generic. been holding up for 3 years now.
                        i only really have overheating problems in 90*+ weather while i'm on the highway doing 70+mph. so i just blast the heat for 2 minutes and it goes back down to normal.
                        i'm gonna try heat wrapping my mani+DP, as well as other small things, and if nothing fixes it then i'll finally spring for a koyo/fluidyne.

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

Does it have to be a 2 core radiator? beacasue i read on another thread that some EG radiators come in 1 core only. I am asking because i can easily buy an aluminum one from autozone that has two cores (plus an employee discount!) yay and find a upper rad. support and mount it on the bottom side!

that would work right?

Rip It Up
                          Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

i wouldnt trust a single core cuz its so small i was thinking maybe a tri core half rad would work well

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                              i see, well... thats a problem cuz i dont have access to a welder. would oxi acetelene welding be good or should i just hunt down a mig welder?
                              Idk anything about welding, my advice would be to let a shop do it.

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                              Does it have to be a 2 core radiator? beacasue i read on another thread that some EG radiators come in 1 core only. I am asking because i can easily buy an aluminum one from autozone that has two cores (plus an employee discount!) yay and find a upper rad. support and mount it on the bottom side!

that would work right?
                              An upper mount wouldnt work with a bottom mount. The bottom mounts have that rubber piece so the rad pegs go in.

Theres nothing wrong with using one bottom mount.

Comment

Working...
                              X