Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How much can stock sleeves handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much can stock sleeves handle?

I am wondering what the stock sleeves can handle HP wise. Some people tell me 400HP some say 500HP? Does anyone know for sure??

On what engine...

There are way to many variables to answer your question outright.

The cylinder walls can handle lots of hp if you have the rest of the engine and setup extremely efficient. I am assuming you are talking about boost. So you most likely want to know how much boost you can run without blowing up the motor, whatever that motor might be, and whatever setup it is running.

We need a lot more information before someone can give you an answer.

That being honda motors have held 500 hp without after market sleeves, in fact there are a few s2000 motors holding 600+ hp on completely stock internals.

I am not a boost guy, so one of them will have a better idea on how to answer you question once you provide more information.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

lets just say this, ive never seen a sleeve crack.

usually ring lands, rods or a crank would be the first to go.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yea, the ppl i talked to knew my setup. I am doing all motor work running probably a holset hx35 turbo. I will just stay around 400hp. I was just curious how high people actually go w/ turbo setups.

Comment

What motor...

Again that all depends on your setup. You haven't even told us what motor your using.

Things like compression ratio, rods, boost, and probably most importantly the tune have far more to do with how much hp your motor can take then weather it is sleeved or not.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

they may not crack...how about bowing though
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              they may not crack...how about bowing though
              you mean distorting?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                you mean distorting?
                yes...sorry, watched a show about bow legged kids and vitamin deficiency...can't get the word outta my head.

goes from || to ()
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                  Again that all depends on your setup. You haven't even told us what motor your using.

Things like compression ratio, rods, boost, and probably most importantly the tune have far more to do with how much hp your motor can take then weather it is sleeved or not.
                  its an f22 block, h beam rods from bisi. cp 9:1 pistons, port n polish head, h23 IM port and polished, kms springs and retainers, 3 angle valve job, valve guides and seals, bigger TB holset hx35 turbo, not sure how many lbs im going to push. Pretty sure i am going w/ Hondata tune.

Comment

Do some more reading on those KMS products you have there!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                      Do some more reading on those KMS products you have there!
                      ive heard good things from a couple of people.

Comment

360whp here on stock sleeves, about 10,000kms so far. Going for 400whp next year, daily driven.
                        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Working...
                        X