Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

G22 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright I finally found my oil leak in the piston problem...I need another oil ring (oil rail support) that goes behind the 3 oil rings that wiseco didn't packaged
    Last edited by Gtseviper; 04-06-2010, 01:28 AM.
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

huh?! more details please.
      spin city

Comment

Well to be more specific...in order to lower the compression with these pistons, wiseco had to move the pin location, which in turn projects into the location of the oil rings up to the expander ring. Under high compression in the oil pan area...the oil can seep in from behind the oil rings and come up pass the 1st and 2nd ring easy

link for more info
        http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/stro...-question.html

exact pistons

notice how the pin hole location interjects into the oil ring area...an oil rail support ring goes behind before the 3 other oil rings
        Last edited by Gtseviper; 04-06-2010, 01:29 AM.
        tsx retrofit
        f22b dohc boosted
        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

I called wiseco today and I didn't have to do much before the guy said that he will send out 4 of the rail supports within 2 days
          tsx retrofit
          f22b dohc boosted
          custom gauges pods

Comment

Dammit! I knew about these support rings, but I didn't notice that they didn't come with my pistons. why is wiseco not providing these? Thats BS.
            spin city

Comment

call them now...and they will send it to you for free. (these rings where suppose to be packaged with the pistons...some people got them others didn't)..do not start your engine if you haven't already
              tsx retrofit
              f22b dohc boosted
              custom gauges pods

Comment

lol no I am waiting for the cash to buy the expensive oem bearings for my motor. King bearings are not good. The mains weren't even the right size (about .001" too thin). I should have the $$ by next week.
                spin city

Comment

problem not fixed...one the rings are gone they are gone...I have to get a complete set new rings
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Comment

whats wrong with the ring?
                    spin city

Comment

to much oil got pass the oil rings since I didn't have support rail and and now I have tons of oil on top of my pistons....grrr
                      tsx retrofit
                      f22b dohc boosted
                      custom gauges pods

Comment

I don't see how oil getting on top affects the ring itself. How long did the motor run?
                        spin city

Comment

Ok..I want you to install your pistons oil rings without the support rail...then tell how loose the oil rings are in the seat...Now install it as is with out firm support...The oil rings will be ok for a sec until it beings to flop around in teh oil area without sealing correctly in position...Now you have to much oil bypassing the oil ring to the first and second rings that not suppose to handle that much oil at one time...now you have oil blow-by

anyways I just sent the pistons and rings back to wiseco for them to check it out for me..
                          tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Comment

I don't see how your top rings get damaged from this. I could see damage happing to the oil rings if you ran the motor much or at higher rpms without the support.
                            spin city

Comment

ok...well I have oil everywhere on all the pistons..gunks of it...and I'm working on fixing it...I just sent the pistons and rings back to wiseco to check...because a sec more I would have been done with project..I"m just recheck my cylinder walls and lightly hone it
                              Last edited by Gtseviper; 04-15-2010, 12:08 AM.
                              tsx retrofit
                              f22b dohc boosted
                              custom gauges pods

Comment

don't quit while your so close! When it gets to frustrating just take a little break from it.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X