Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

G22 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the support man..I'm am focusing on school stuff now while the pistons and rings get check on...I have all the stuff but the ring terminals to do my battery relocation...but I want to make sure I have the car working before I even thing about moving the battery..just want to have the engine first before the wire tuck and battery relocation---help reduce on another added issue
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

alright I got the word back from wiseco...ALLL my rings are shot...so they got me a set for half price....I figure out my bore information
      I need to be at 85mm or 3.346 inches I"m at 84.8mm right now, which is not badly off...I have to just take my time an rehone the cylinder walls right

I don't think hone the walls good..I didn't use a fine stone to finish the job...way to go me..I'm going to get it right this time
      tsx retrofit
      f22b dohc boosted
      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

how are you measuring your bore? The pistons are bigger than 84.8mm.

You should take your block to a good machine shop to get it honed. If they are competent then you will get the bore size you want and the bore will be more consistent.
        spin city

Comment

I just did that to see what I have loosely...I am going to remeasure everything tomorrow to exact specs in inches when i got my pistons in tomorrow
          tsx retrofit
          f22b dohc boosted
          custom gauges pods

Comment

alright I got my pistons back from wiseco...yayaya....they sent me the wrong new rings 84mm instead of 85mm....booooo...I sent it back....well all of my rings are gone....because of cylinder contamination aka honing plateau was way to rough..I got it fixed now....just waiting for rings now to finish up
            tsx retrofit
            f22b dohc boosted
            custom gauges pods

Comment

well you live and learn. just make sure ring gap, piston to wall, cylinder roundness, and surface finish on the hone is all good and you shouldn't have any more piston problems.
              spin city

Comment

Well I decided to do a wire tuck and paint while I have the room to do it..before i put the head back on
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Comment

looks good bro do u have any video clips of your cb7 running

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

nawww...it's down for piston ring replacement at the moment
                    tsx retrofit
                    f22b dohc boosted
                    custom gauges pods

Comment

All is well...thank god for dial bore gauges...well I got it running without a single smoke trail except for the previous oil disaster burn off...well I got it running but between 1-2 grand rpm it revs good with gradual accelrations but if i rev it fast is is sluggish that until is passes that point....I put it in first and drive off and it is still sluggish 1-2 grand and then gets real happen after that
                      tsx retrofit
                      f22b dohc boosted
                      custom gauges pods

Comment

Wire tuck and engine bay paint complete
                        tsx retrofit
                        f22b dohc boosted
                        custom gauges pods

Comment

Pics!
                          spin city

Comment

I should have pics of the monster soon...I'm doing some tuning with freelog and crome on vaccum first then gradual boost
                            tsx retrofit
                            f22b dohc boosted
                            custom gauges pods

Comment

cant wait to see pics of the bay!

Comment

Hey...I pull the plugs and notice they were black and at the top of each piston was wet...any ideas
                                tsx retrofit
                                f22b dohc boosted
                                custom gauges pods

Comment

Working...
                                X