Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

G22 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some photos..man engine work is no joke if you not careful...I learned that quick...
    wire tuck and engine bay
    drivers side engine tuck was a bitch...to much wires..but I solder every last wire

New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Alright fellers....the g22 is a no go...head and block isn't sealing well and I'm tired of pulling the head...I"m going NA for now...I am going to start selling stuff...if it is H22 related...it is for sale...head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold
      tsx retrofit
      f22b dohc boosted
      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

how about you just go ahead and do it right once and be done. you have all this money and time into your setup.

I was using a h23 head for a long time on my f22 block. it eventually started leaking but i did a pretty shitty job with the gray rtv that sealed it.

If your set on NA a least use a few hundred dollars from what you sell and buy a nitrous kit. you should be able to throw a lot of nitrous in that motor.
        spin city

Comment

yeah I"m just keep the turbo and stuff and f22 boosted instead...to much complicates..naww nitrous is the last thing I'm thinking about puting on my car...I'm putting a few hours miles on the f22 head then boost the bitch...when you sick of working on something your sick..how much money was spent on it doesn't even matter anymore...I"m just swtiching heads for now...just to ease my stress...I already cleaned and replace the valve seals on the f22 head..It didnt' take me long to do
          tsx retrofit
          f22b dohc boosted
          custom gauges pods

Comment

well fellar...the build wasn't good...or ports leaking but I welded those ports and the head to block alignment problems was killing me so I decided to stay with the stock head or get a f22b dohc head....the car is a beast in third gear and this is with a stock map, head and no turbo...YET...I am putting some miles on the engine before I boost the stock head
            tsx retrofit
            f22b dohc boosted
            custom gauges pods

Comment

single cam boost that bitch
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
                Alright fellers....the g22 is a no go...head and block isn't sealing well and I'm tired of pulling the head...I"m going NA for now...I am going to start selling stuff...if it is H22 related...it is for sale...head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold
                what do you want for the intake mani? and what cams did you have in the
                h22 head?

Comment

intake is sold...it is just stock cams...I'm parting the head
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Comment

well I finally found wanted I wanted in the junkyard....F22B Dohc head

Soon to install and boosted
                    tsx retrofit
                    f22b dohc boosted
                    custom gauges pods

Comment

there was something wrong in your measurements
                      builds like these have been done a lot
                      you are the 3rd one i've heard of problems
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

yeah probably..but I have moved on now...f22b now
                        tsx retrofit
                        f22b dohc boosted
                        custom gauges pods

Comment

The tables have turn gents....now it's time for the f22b turbo head swap
                          Gutted f22b intake manifold
                          f22b dohc head
                          forged bottom end

tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Comment

you should get a reground cam. dont get a delta 272 unless you want to buy springs and retainers too though.
                            spin city

Comment

Don't get an NA grind for turbo... you don't want that much overlap. Get a proper turbo grind.

Comment

My delta 272 makes wonderful power when its in its efficiency range.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X