Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22A turbobuildup *sh#tload of pic's*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A turbobuildup *sh#tload of pic's*

OK Guys, after 2 years im close to finishing this project that started on 1-05-2005.

Here's the list of parts: (prices of the top of my head, will correct them in due time)

$350 - ENGINE: EDM H22A
    $550 - Pistons: Wiseco 8:1 coated
    $300 - Rods: Eagle H beam
    $130 - ARP head and maincap studs
    $160 - TiAl 38mm WG 10 psi spring
    $160 - Greddy type RS BOV
    $500 - Replacement sleeves (got pwned)
    $120 - Bearings
    $250 - Distr king ignition
    $080 - Sp plug wires
    $400 - Minsc OEM honda parts (T-belt gaskets bolts etc)
    $000 - Chipped P28 trade
    $175 - Moates Ostrich
    $200 - Stainless flanges and bends (custom manifold)
    $000 - Downpipe tube (gift)
    $300 - FMIC (XS pwr thing)
    $050 - Welding FMIC
    $300 - PLX 300M
    $275 - Various Autometer gauges
    $350 - OBX LSD
    $775 - Garrett GT30R (used mint cond)
    $300 - CC Clutch
    $090 - OBD conv harnass
    $090 - Walbro pump
    $275 - RC 650's
    $025 - B&M FPR
    $035 - Fuel pressure gauge
    $075 - Green Airfilter
    $060 - Battery relocation
    $060 - FMIC piping
    $100 - SAMCO Boostpiping couplers
    $060 - Hose clamps
    $080 - New oil + filter + sp plugs
    $130 - Custom 3" exhaust
    $100 - Minsc Flanges Lasercutting

$6810 Total (!) Danm

So it takes +5.5k to build a descet turbosetup, at first i didnt believe it but it is true..

and we all fall in this pit, the money pit
    Would i do it again? Cant awnser that one just yet, but at the moment its: NO
    Its a lot of money that could have bought me a nice fast car, but on the other han going that route is never being satifactionary . So do i regret starting this project? NO! all the things ive learned in doing this project have been acknowledging the way i want to go in the future. So there's more to come...........
    Last edited by Dutchaccord; 04-21-2007, 02:11 PM.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

mmz... there seems to be some camwear...

2k20:

Comment

Day |||

Bought me a new valve clamp and started to remove the valves... (never did it and it was easy)

I took the wedges out using a magnet

Half way...... (time consuming task )

When all the valves were removed, i started cleaning the head using ingredient X hehe

Just spray it on and wait for a few mins.......

this stuff is AWSOME, cleaning the ports to the alluminium

The finished product:

Next up: Portmatching and port polishing

2k20:

Comment

damn man, I think your the best on here lol. the pics look great! good work so far! Id get confused at hell how to put it all back together right =) Goodluck on the build hope it turns out well! That ingredient X stuff looks like it works wonders eh? It must be a powerfull degreser or something because the end result looks brand new! anyways keep us updated! good stuff man

Comment

Jeebus, nice work can't wait to see the finish product
          U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

i dont know if your gonna be able to put down 400whp with DSM injectors...you might want to look into something bigger. and what are you doing for fuel management?

i wish i had the time and space to completely tear down my block and rebuild it like that. good luck with everything. should be a monster when its done

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              i dont know if your gonna be able to put down 400whp with DSM injectors...you might want to look into something bigger. and what are you doing for fuel management?

i wish i had the time and space to completely tear down my block and rebuild it like that. good luck with everything. should be a monster when its done

Injectors: i'm concidering 550's right now...

EMS:

Dunnow yet gotta talk to busted LX bout that

Either HOndata (but i lack the money), chrome, something like that.. what do u suggest...?
              I'm also in the works to buy a 3bar mapsensor

Everything is so friggin expensive here in Holland :thumbsdow

2k20:

Comment

i dunno. i mean iv been nothing but happy with uberdata. if you have a lot of cash then i guess you could get AEM EMS....I dont see what you would need that uberdata doesnt have.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Dutch: Total sweetness you're rebuilding your H22a, I can't wait to rebuild my F22a1 Anyhow, I was told by someone, don't lose the oil control valve that is a small cylindrical shaped piece that goes in a hole on the deck surface on the engine block. If you lose it, it'll be hard to find and replace. Just letting you know....random FYI. I'm sure you removed it and bagged it.

It seems you are doing your own port & polish work on the cylinder head, that's cool. However, do you plan on getting a valve job done and maybe new valve stem seals for the new valves you're installing so you get a good seal?
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-05-2005, 03:49 PM.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    Dutch: Total sweetness you're rebuilding your H22a, I can't wait to rebuild my F22a1 Anyhow, I was told by someone, don't lose the oil control valve that is a small cylindrical shaped piece that goes in a hole on the deck surface on the engine block. If you lose it, it'll be hard to find and replace. Just letting you know....random FYI. I'm sure you removed it and bagged it.

It seems you are doing your own port & polish work on the cylinder head, that's cool. However, do you plan on getting a valve job done and maybe new valve stem seals for the new valves you're installing so you get a good seal?

i can hear some valves clicking in the head.... but i didnt notice one on the deck... mmmz... anyways thanks for warning me

Ill be doing my own P&P work, under the supervision of a master.... u gotta learn it somehow

Only thing im replacing ar the stem seals, the valves wil be cleaned (tomorrow) and rehoned (by hand) into the head (seats).

i cant wait i cant wait

2k20:

Comment

keep us updated with pics!

Comment

I really want some of the ingredient X. What is it, and is it available in the US?
                        -Jay

Comment

The mysterious ingredient X is normal VHT stripfast

Not available in europe... only in the US

2k20:

Comment

Thanks, looks like it really did wonders on that head, I'll have to get some and try it on mine.
                            -Jay

Comment

Ingredient X suplied by me.
                              I work at a US carparts shop in the Netherlands.
                              Tonight the valves are going back into the head.
                              damn if they only knew what is coming to them. LOL.

Pjotr
                              No Honda There will be one eventually...
                              1996 Volvo 960 2.5i 24v autotragic

Comment

Working...
                              X