Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dyno

Well im just getting ready to head to the dyno....im hoping for 230whp on 10psi so we will see im tuning with hondata s300 ill post vids and dyno sheet tonite!!!

Behind Every Successful Person...Lies a Pack Of Haters!

nice man just took a look at your boosted thread:

Link to his boosted thread

looks real good man. pretty sure you will be close to 230. good work.
    torque will be nice tooo.

hondata s300 is pretty sweet, you runnin on a p06 or p28?
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

Your dump setup is sexy.Post numbers asap.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Where are you going to dyno? Im in need of a tune and i've been looking into speedtech. I know they have one

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
          nice man just took a look at your boosted thread:

Link to his boosted thread

looks real good man. pretty sure you will be close to 230. good work.
          torque will be nice tooo.

hondata s300 is pretty sweet, you runnin on a p06 or p28?
          Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
          Your dump setup is sexy.Post numbers asap.

Originally posted by DKRM View Post
          Where are you going to dyno? Im in need of a tune and i've been looking into speedtech. I know they have one
          Thanks guys, its running on a p28 ecu, so basicly things didnt go the way i wanted to so here comes another late night of problem solving, the boost controller that came with the hondata unit failed to operate properly and i hit almost 15 psi needless to say i had a small heart attack but things were ok, we tried to troubleshoot on the dyno but was unsuccessful and couldn't finish the tune, so im trying to figure things out but cant get any response of the boost controller. dnt really kno whats wrong, i double and triple checked the set up and made sure i had the right pin out and still no luck, so tomorrow at 4pm we are going back to tune on 7psi (regulated by the wastegate spring) and see what we can come up with! has any one had problems with the hondata boost controller or know any tips on how to wire it up properly?!?!? maybe i missed something

also DKRM pm me and i can help u get a good price on a dyno!

Comment

Use a manual boost controller...my haltech unit went out as well..as did my friends hondata unit.It seems too common..

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

are you running the hondata boost control solenloid?
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

$7 ebay boost controller here for about 8 months, no problems so far.

Comment

are you running the hondata boost control solenloid?
                  Yea I am, just can't get it to work, a11 is the pin out rite? I just went out and got a MBC so I'll just use that on the dyno tomorrow, would be nice to get the hondata controller working but I'm outta ideas...

Comment

yes a11, you know if you open Hondata's SManager.
                    Go to help --> contents --> search.
                    type in boost control

then take a look at the boost control solenoid installation.
                    should be everything you need.

how are you routing your vacuum?
                    any pics? lemme know.

would like to get this solved for you.
                    Each pressure source has advantages and disadvantages.
                    Try using a pressure source from the intake manifold first, and then experiment with other sources if the boost is not stable.
                    Last edited by drummersteve7; 03-21-2010, 05:00 AM.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Have you tried setting a boost limiter right above where you set the boost controller? that will keep you from over boosting.
                      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                        Have you tried setting a boost limiter right above where you set the boost controller? that will keep you from over boosting.
                        ok so i swapped out the hondata boost controller for a manual one and it worked great, on 10psi i made 212whp and 230ft/p not to bad for a sluggish motor, i wanted to hit 15psi but didnt wanna push my luck, i'll post the dyno pics on saturday!

Comment

is this a healthy motor?
                          did you turbo an unhealthy motor?
                          uh oh!!!! as my 1 month old says!

or did you make it un-sluggish?
                          Last edited by drummersteve7; 03-27-2010, 04:22 AM.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by 1qukcb7 View Post
                            The boost controller that came with the hondata unit failed to operate properly and i hit almost 15 psi needless to say i had a small heart attack but things were ok, we tried to troubleshoot on the dyno but was unsuccessful and couldn't finish the tune, so im trying to figure things out but cant get any response of the boost controller. dnt really kno whats wrong, i double and triple checked the set up and made sure i had the right pin out and still no luck.
                            I had the same issue when I connected mine - Open the ecu and found that they hadn't fitted the boost controller part of the circuit (EGR circuit)
                            I took it back and they gave me the correct ecu straight away.

If its not that, you can send me a copy of your basemap and I can check the settings if you like.
                            Are you running the solenoid via fixed duty cycle, boost by gear, or gear based target boost? And what is your activation pressure set at?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

is this a healthy motor?
                              did you turbo an unhealthy motor?
                              uh oh!!!! as my 1 month old says!

or did you make it un-sluggish?
                              Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              I had the same issue when I connected mine - Open the ecu and found that they hadn't fitted the boost controller part of the circuit (EGR circuit)
                              I took it back and they gave me the correct ecu straight away.

If its not that, you can send me a copy of your basemap and I can check the settings if you like.
                              Are you running the solenoid via fixed duty cycle, boost by gear, or gear based target boost? And what is your activation pressure set at?
                              The motor as it was tested 5 months ago was healthy, now running it on a fmu for a while prolly shortened the life span up to this point....only getting 211whp was kinda lame...i thought i should make at least 230 240... car runs great now... but i dont know..im really tossing around ideas of getting a new motor but dont really know where to start... as far as the hondata boost controller goes, im satisfied with the manual one for now, as ive lost trust in this system and come to think of it im not too sure if they soldered those pieces to the board...i should check that out and see...

Comment

Working...
                              X