Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

fmu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rexload View Post
    Creating a basemap for boost = the software does it automatically.
    What program is that?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Crome Boost Tools feature for example automatically creates a map that is good enough to safely start the car, drive, and datalog even going into boost

Comment

Crome Boost Tools feature for example automatically creates a map that is good enough to safely start the car, drive, and datalog even going into boost
        For any engine? So it provides 1 standard basemap reguardless of engine CC, injector size, or turbo size?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I created a short video of how to create a base map for a turbo F22

The video ended up being about 1 minute and 50 seconds

So it takes under 2 minutes to get the stock map for your engine, add boost, enter injector size and approximate turbocharger efficiency, adjust the timing map, and be ready to go outside and tune.

The map is ready to start the car and begin tweaking the fuel map starting with the fuel multiplier, and then you are ready to drive and tune

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=untitled.flv

Note for beginners: a base map is just a starting point, do NOT drive you car on a base map, especially with a turbo kit. You WILL blow your engine if you don't tune it correctly. Read guides on xenocron.com and pgmfi forums.
          Last edited by rexload; 04-21-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

FMU's are terrible for turbo hondas. they act as a major restriction in your fuel system causing your fuel pump to create pressure much higher than it was intended for. base fuel pressure is around 42psi add a 10:1 fmu and 10psi =
            42psi base pressure+ (10lbs boost X 10psi fuel)= 142psi !!!
            way more than your OEM fuel system was designed for, even on a good day. The added pressure taxes the injectors as well not to mention will question the integrity of every rubber fuel line and o-ring in the system.

if your going to go turbo take a step back and wait till you have the money to do it the right way.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I created a short video of how to create a base map for a turbo F22

The video ended up being about 1 minute and 50 seconds

So it takes under 2 minutes to get the stock map for your engine, add boost, enter injector size and approximate turbocharger efficiency, adjust the timing map, and be ready to go outside and tune.

The map is ready to start the car and begin tweaking the fuel map starting with the fuel multiplier, and then you are ready to drive and tune

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=untitled.flv

Note for beginners: a base map is just a starting point, do NOT drive you car on a base map, especially with a turbo kit. You WILL blow your engine if you don't tune it correctly. Read guides on xenocron.com and pgmfi forums.
              Ahh I see - from your post you deleted, I was thinking you meant something else - either way you had to start with a pre-existing basemap that Crome merely modified to suit.
              It wasn't started from literally nothing (you had to download an F22.bin basemap to start with) Thats OK, but if you don't have access to that map then you will have a much harder time "teaching your mother" to tune.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

True, if there was no access to a stock map, there would be some extra steps.
                But, they are out there, I just googled "f22b1 bin" and found it, it's in that video

Comment

Working...
                X