Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone have any AC Compatable setups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any AC Compatable setups?

I am not going to part with my AC on my cb7. Just clearing the air by saying that.

I'm looking for some ideas for my setup, and am looking to see if anyone has some AC Compatable setups.

Currently I'm running my dsm turbo kit with ac. It's a good setup, however I'm looking to upgrade my turbo to my sc60. I'm trying to stay away from a log manifold especially since my power goals may hit over 400 some day this summer.

So, post up your boosted A/C setups
    -Big3racing.net-
    My Build Thread. Many pics.

You'll basically need to have a custom manifold fabricated and everything should fit. You may need to switch to a half size radiator too.
    I don't think there is any off-the-shelf manifolds that will allow you to run that turbo and air conditioning.

Comment

I'm not scared to build a manifold, I just am short on time thats all.

Thanks for the imput.

Anyone else?
      -Big3racing.net-

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=turbo

this may help, there are a couple of pics in there
        Last edited by rexload; 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM.

Comment

since you know how to TIG, the possibilities are endless

but i've seen logs hold up to 500hp. no idea how inefficient it is, but its possible. buy a log mani, cut off t3 flange, TIG whatever flange is needed for sc60

BB2F22-T3super60:250hp/275lb-ft @10psi

Comment

Originally posted by twokexlv6coupe View Post
            since you know how to TIG, the possibilities are endless

but i've seen logs hold up to 500hp. no idea how inefficient it is, but its possible. buy a log mani, cut off t3 flange, TIG whatever flange is needed for sc60
            Lol.

Sc60=t3

I may just build a log manifold. eew.
            -Big3racing.net-

Comment

Yeah I'm curious too. I am soon to be turbo but will not if I cannot find a a/c p/s compatible setup. Has anyone tried the treadstone kit? will it work with a/c. I know I'd lose some heat exchanging power with the front mount and condensor than radiator. I would also like a bolt on setup. I'm not interested in a piece together or fabbed up setup. Sorry I know...... lazy but I just don't have the time.

Comment

I have the complete setup...power steering and half size condenser and it worked great...I have to post my current build with it installed...welll you gonna have to piece together one side of the ac house and the other aluminum tube...the condenser fits perfectly in the same location at the other one
                Last edited by Gtseviper; 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM.
                New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

if you want ac go with a built motor and nitrous IMO. Ac and a good turbo setup could be done, but it would just be a pain in the ass. you can make goobs of power with nitrous and a built motor.
                  spin city

Comment

Originally posted by johnjw View Post
                    Yeah I'm curious too. I am soon to be turbo but will not if I cannot find a a/c p/s compatible setup. Has anyone tried the treadstone kit? will it work with a/c.
                    Yes if you look at the piping you will see the bends are designed to go around the condenser and up to the turbo. And also, http://www.vecco.com makes the same kit as well. I believe they are the originators, as Treadstone offers more than one brand for different items and Vecco is straight up Turbonetics
                    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                      if you want ac go with a built motor and nitrous IMO. Ac and a good turbo setup could be done, but it would just be a pain in the ass. you can make goobs of power with nitrous and a built motor.
                      I've already built one a/c setup for my car and it wasn't to bad. Actually 2. I got everything figured out in my head, just need more money start putting it together.

I'm not a fan of nitrous.. It costs too much to maintain plus it doesnt make cool turbo sounds.
                      -Big3racing.net-

Comment

Ive got a/c with half radiator and log mani setup. Only big obstacle with this is the room for the downpipe.

Comment

that traction bar setup from esp motorsports looks like it would clear up some much needed room... i also will not give up my ac, i live in one of the hotter climates around and no ac is a no no.

im going to look at the bobs dsm setup because im going to use the dsm setup eventually as my first boost project
                          1990 accord ex - daily beater
                          2006 accord se- family car

mike aka caveman aka coupe aka cd8

Comment

The traction bar clears a bit more room underneath and with the torque mount you drastically reduce wheel hop, considering the fact you have to remove the stock mount for everything to fit.

Comment

any dsm setup clears the a/c compressor. just use header wrap on the dp
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                              X