Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

pics of intercooler piping needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of intercooler piping needed

could those of u arlready boosted post pics of the intercooler piping running towards the intercooler so i can get a good idea on were the pipes should be ran i have t25 turbo on now just looking for a good place to route them r33 accord,theone, midnite,gdout, please need all of ur help thanks a bunch

H23vtec
    Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

is the compressor outlet facing up or down? be a little more specific please

Comment

this is something your not gonna be able to get much help on....i mean if you want to see my pipes click my sig picture. but the odds of you finding those exact pipes are slim to none they are a mix of a CAI, eclipse pipes, and mandrel bends. everyones intercooler pipe setup is going to be different. the best i can tell you is to buy a bunch of mandrel bends and couplings, pick a starting location, say the turbos compressor outlet. and just go from there. until you get to the throttle body. trial and error is the only way.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I'm kinda thread jacking but oh well, i didn't want to start a new thread with this question. Are any of you using the heat wrap stuff to keep your pipes cooler? I am considering doing this, because the stuff is pretty cheap, and it couldn't hurt
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          .i mean if you want to see my pipes click my sig picture. b
          I never saw good engine shots of your car, just wanted to say that its nice lookin. I like the blue and red theme along with the flat black.

Comment

well it depends on the how the turbo is facinv is it upside down or pointing up. then you have to have a good welder or if you know how to bend pipe and do the shit yourself it will make it easier for you. I have my pipes pointed on the downwards because i have the turbo pointed downwards going in a s bend towards the drivers side of the intercooler and the i worked from the throttlebody goin to the hole in the firewall of the cb7 then into bent towards the intercooler.

Comment

why do you need a welder?
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I had mine fitted perfectly and the more welds on the pipes i had the better to prevent the couplers from popping off so easily yet i can take apart what i can take off too many couplers on the pipes the harder more time consuming it is to find out where a boost leak will come from if your not getting boost

Comment

so was your pipes spot welded together, then had couplers put over them? or are your pipes all welded together except for a few? I really don't understand what your saying.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

okay take it like this have only 5-6 couplers in your ic pipping period that way you only have 5 points to pinpoint a boost leak thats how i did it and it works perfectly. spotweld how your going to have your is piping so that you can weld your pipes up just to retrofit how everything looks

Comment

ok. I know what spot welding is, I actually have a welder and weld occasionally.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

just map out how you want shit to look like

Comment

Working...
                        X