Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo installation instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ichyraay
    About How much power (Whp) do you expect from this 14b turbo set up w/ stock internals? The stock motor assuming it's healthy puts about 105hp to the ground. Also the stock DSM waste gate is set to open at about 12lbs right? If I'm wrong then what do you recommend (Bending the actuator in a bit?)
    i would expect 195whp and 215wtq i guess? dyno sheet in my sig...and the 14b opens at 8psi not 12

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

awesome write up got confused on some parts but i won't bother u with my questions ill bother mrx only thing i would have to request is that u put the pic with the name meaning like one of the instructions with the oil feed i had to keep going up a couple pages to figure out what part c is and where part h goes and i forget what they look like so that got me confused bout that but thats my only complaint but other then that that helped me out a great deal thank you for spending ur time writing this up oh and love the pic on the title page
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I dub this thread a sticky!
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

thank goodness!
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I just wanted to let everyone know that every part stealthmode makes is a total piece of crap. The intercooler pipes rust within 2 days. The oil line kit didn't fit into my turbo correctly. They sent me chips in the chipping kit that don't even work with our ecu's. On top of this with their crappy service they sent me the wrong color couplers. I hate stealthmode, and I would advise other people to get their stuff from any other place possible.

[/rant]

Comment

arent stealhmodes pipes jus palin ol steal did you paint them at all to keep them from rusting?

also this goes out to whoever can find the thread ive been lookin for it but no luck yet didnt someone find the right size fittings for the 14b? If the did can you put all that info in one place so that people can find it?

Comment

Eric....

YOU

ARE

GOD!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

*bowing down*
                  My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Yeah, I did paint them, but I still had trouble with the pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                      Yeah, I did paint them, but I still had trouble with the pipes.
                      Then you should've bought the aluminum pipes....duh!

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                        Then you should've bought the aluminum pipes....duh!
                        Please show me where the aluminum pipes are on stealthmode's website. Ohhh yeah they don't have any.

Comment

buy stainless steel from somewhere. Of course steel will rust, I got steel IC pipes and they are rusted, it doesn't affect anything but appearance. Chill out. Stealthmode is alright.
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

No, they aren't. That wasn't the only problem with them. Every part I bought from them was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                              No, they aren't. That wasn't the only problem with them. Every part I bought from them was crap.
                              You know what, you need to quit buying from stealthmode if the products don't work. Just because they don't work for you, doesn't mean they won't work for me. Gosh.....idiot!

Comment

I'm just trying to give a warning out for people who are either doing the turbo setup or considering it. If you don't want to take my advice then don't take it because I really couldn't give a crap less. It's not my car so if you want to have to go through crap like I did with their products then be my guest. I'm definitely not the only person to complain about their stuff. So please stop whoring up this thread for no reason... this is for help with installation not for people who are on stealthmodes nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X