Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

oem fogs and front mount ic has it been done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem fogs and front mount ic has it been done?

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has been able to run a front mount with the oem fogs im sure it can be done i was looking at it but you have to have some bends to go around the fogs but i was just curious if anyone has done it yet
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

oem fogs? the bumper lights? It can definately be done with the right size IC and 2-2.5" piping. I think AccordSIR did it.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i think the best size would be 2" because it's really tight in the area where the pipes are suppose to bend and i would recommend the side mount, but it could be done though. i'm planning to boost mine cb7 this summer and i still want to keep my AC and PS so i'll see what i have to do.
      =my idea of classic JDM
      to my car page

Comment

i kept my a/c and p/s and i have a front mount with 2" and 3" charge piping. I got rid of the p/s of my own preference. Side mount IC's are limited and seem to promote detonation past 8psi. They just aren't efficient enough

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          i kept my a/c and p/s and i have a front mount with 2" and 3" charge piping. I got rid of the p/s of my own preference. Side mount IC's are limited and seem to promote detonation past 8psi. They just aren't efficient enough
          very good info's, never knew side mounts would promote detonation past 8psi . yeah the P/S i'm pretty sure it would stay but the AC i'm not so sure because on the OEM foglights the bracket holding the foglights are very long inward so for those of you who don't have the foglights, your ic piping goes through where the foglights bracket should be. but for the people who do have the foglights, the ic piping is going to have to go around the back of the foglight, then to the front ic. which this will result in pushing the front mount ic back inward to where the ac condenser is. then if there isn't enough room the ac would have to be remove. um.........well this is how i see it on my car but i guess everybody have there own ways

or if i wanted to keep my foglights and ac i would have to do a hell lot of little bendings which i intend to do.
          =my idea of classic JDM
          to my car page

Comment

Pix of this fog light bracket please? I can tell u if my pipes would be touching this bracket if u can get me some good clean pix

Comment

yeah i'll try to get some pics asap when it stops raining here.
              =my idea of classic JDM
              to my car page

Comment

back from the dead

I'm thinking the same thing you are,I imagine the charge pipes can't...or hardly get by the charge piping. This is Backfire32's car and u see where his charge pipes are? they look like they would be passing right thru the oem fogs.
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Here's my idea as far as retaining foglamps that may work for a JDM accord bumper. JDM accord bumpers have no crash guard and a small bumper support....so for a limited length, the IC piping seems like it can go right inside the bumper until it meets the hanger and then maybe route back just over the foglamp? This is just an idea I just came up with now and I gotta take off my bumper to see if in fact there's enough space for this. 90-91 Foglamps seem like they won't have as much trouble as 92-93's as far as front mounts go because the brackets are really small....like almost part of the foglamp itself. 92-93's on the other hand have really bulky brackets. These are a few examples of members with front mounts. Iamanoymous's and AccordSiR's. You can definately see where the 92-93's will have trouble with a front mount by looking at AccordSiR's ride. With the idea I had, I was thinking that where the cold-air would run, the IC piping would go straight down that hole, next come almost straight up and start going thru the bumper and pass over the foglamp then finally meet the front mount end tanks that may be on the top? So the whole routing of the IC piping i have in mind sorta makes a "W" shape in a way I guess..

*edit* Yeah..the piping can only go so far inside the jdm bumper.... so disreguard the example as far it going straight thru to meet the end tanks. It will have to come in and go out of the bumper in order to meet the intercooler. Back to the drawing board!
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I know bjaccord and H23Accord both have fogs with intercoolers...so they'd be people worth contacting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                      I know bjaccord and H23Accord both have fogs with intercoolers...so they'd be people worth contacting as well.
                      Thanks man, I checked their rides out, but they have 90-91 bodies. Trying to see how the 92-93 guys are keeping their fogs since our brackets are bigger and get in the way supposingly.
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

You have to run the intercooler upside down and have to hack up the bumper beam. and run the piping within the beam, 2" no problem 2.5" diameter your pushing it. You will also need to create a different mounting bracket(mounts your bumper to the radiator wall) or modify this exsisting one. I will be switching up to the new setup soon. So I will get you all some new pics of how the piping will get routed.
                        Carlos
                        My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                        X