Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.


The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.


For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.


Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fastest/Most powerful stock F22 turbo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fastest/Most powerful stock F22 turbo?

    I'm wondering who currently has the most powerful/fastest F22 turbo Accord with a stock block on here. I have a domestic buddy that has an Accord for a daily driver and a Mustang for his project car and he doesn't believe that the stock Accord can/will be boosted and powerful/fast. I'd like to send him a link to a MRT or build thread that gives actual numbers and preferably a dyno chart. Help me out!

    My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

    -Patrick

    #2
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45035

    This forum needs a "that was easy" button

    Comment


      #3
      So you'd be looking at this guy:

      Turbo90accord -

      474 whp/ 380 wtq T66 @24psi F22a SOHC
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

      Comment


        #4
        hmmm why does he say it has stock internals when i see a shitload of bisi parts? im confuzzled
        Last edited by Law Grandeur; 02-08-2011, 01:38 PM.

        no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

        Comment


          #5
          There is a member on here, I believe his name is straightedge or something like that. If I am not mistaken, he put down 400whp and ran a 13.0 1/4 mile on a stock rebuild, fully oem F22 internals. Correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

          I believe that is the most powerful stock internal F22 that we know of on here. That is probably close to the limit of the stock internals.. i.e. not daily driver material and would need to be tuned by someone OTHER than your average joe-shmoe the street tuner.

          I believe at least a few others have been in the 300s at the wheels on stock F22A, F22B1 and F23. It is doable and can be reliable but the turbo setup cannot just be thrown together and tuned "just good enough". Meaning 300-400hp on a stock internal F22 is definitely not a good idea for a first turbo project.

          A turbo Accord can be quick, don't get me wrong. But depending on how much money he is willing to throw at the Mustang, the Mustang could potentially be much quicker for the same amount of money. It is RWD and more than twice the F22 displacement...
          So a turbo on that Mustang could potentially put it into 1/4 times that a turbo Accord could NEVER touch... even fully built. Not to mention that 1st gear would be useless in an Accord once you get to 300whp (and even before that) while a Mustang will hook and go in 1st. That being said, when you drive an overpowered Accord, you just get some spinning but the car is easy to control, while an overpowered Mustang = prehistoric suspension = all you can do is pray that it won't decide to go sideways all of a sudden when you are just trying to go in a straight line.
          Last edited by rexload; 02-08-2011, 02:30 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45035

            This forum needs a "that was easy" button
            We call it the "Search" button.



            Just pickin.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

            You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
              We call it the "Search" button.



              Just pickin.
              What does search mean?

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks guys, Problem with searching for something like this is there's SO MANY unrelated threads to sift throguh to find the one thread I'm interested in. I searched for about 30 minutes and then gave up and made this thread again.

                As for straightedge, that's my buddy Colin and I don't think he was ever at the 400hp mark. high 300'ish on the stock block if I remember correctly.

                Thanks guys!

                My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

                -Patrick

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ACCLUDE91 View Post
                  Thanks guys, Problem with searching for something like this is there's SO MANY unrelated threads to sift throguh to find the one thread I'm interested in. I searched for about 30 minutes and then gave up and made this thread again.

                  As for straightedge, that's my buddy Colin and I don't think he was ever at the 400hp mark. high 300'ish on the stock block if I remember correctly.

                  Thanks guys!
                  So you were too lazy to use the search button to find out something you already knew about?? Double fail.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                    So you were too lazy to use the search button to find out something you already knew about?? Double fail.
                    Ever think that straightedge's thread was close to 4 years ago now and he's not sure if someone has made more power since then?

                    I like how you come in here as a noob and give nothing informative to thread but just call out a veteran of the site, one of the first members of the site, who was at the first ever CB7tuners meet and probably done more with Accords than you could ever wish to like he's a noob who doesn't know how to use the search button. He even said he used the search button and didn't find the answer he was looking for. IMO, you're the one thats fail here... noob.

                    Also, here's the threads he's looking for. I, unlike you, will keep the thread on topic and answer the OP's question.

                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=58732

                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=87819

                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27355
                    Last edited by drummersteve7; 02-08-2011, 07:28 PM.
                    2007 Ford Focus - FSWerks Stg 2 Turbocharged - 12.93 @ 105mph.
                    Old #s - 230/215, New #s - ???/???


                    Special Thanks to


                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by smithboy76908 View Post
                      Ever think that straightedge's thread was close to 4 years ago now and he's not sure if someone has made more power since then?

                      I like how you come in here as a noob and give nothing informative to thread but just call out a veteran of the site, one of the first members of the site, who was at the first ever CB7tuners meet and probably done more with Accords than you could ever wish to like he's a noob who doesn't know how to use the search button. He even said he used the search button and didn't find the answer he was looking for. IMO, you're the one thats fail here... noob.
                      x2. that is all. kids these days, and a lack of respect.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland


                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by smithboy76908 View Post
                        Ever think that straightedge's thread was close to 4 years ago now and he's not sure if someone has made more power since then?

                        I like how you come in here as a noob and give nothing informative to thread but just call out a veteran of the site, one of the first members of the site, who was at the first ever CB7tuners meet and probably done more with Accords than you could ever wish to like he's a noob who doesn't know how to use the search button. He even said he used the search button and didn't find the answer he was looking for. IMO, you're the one thats fail here... noob.
                        straightedge's thread was probably that old, doesn't mean a 20 year old block magically can handle more than close to 400whp. I answered the OP's question. I gave valuable info. If he is a "veteran" of this site then he should have known to check the Forced induction section and one of the stickies there says "Top 20 most powerful turbo setups on the board". I am new to the Accord world but that has nothing to do with using a search button. I feel a moderator will probably ban me for a week for saying all this

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                          x2. that is all. kids these days, and a lack of respect.
                          So lets say I was the one asking this question, OP comes in and says everything I have said. Things would be extremely different and I would be getting flamed by everyone here. Just because he is a veteran of this site he gets treated differently from people who are new to this site? I came in here to help him out not get flamed for knowing my way around this site. I did say his actions were a double fail and I'm sure more than half the people on this site would agree. There is a difference between being disrespectful pointing things out.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                            straightedge's thread was probably that old, doesn't mean a 20 year old block magically can handle more than close to 400whp. I answered the OP's question. I gave valuable info. If he is a "veteran" of this site then he should have known to check the Forced induction section and one of the stickies there says "Top 20 most powerful turbo setups on the board". I am new to the Accord world but that has nothing to do with using a search button. I feel a moderator will probably ban me for a week for saying all this
                            You have just shown your true ignorance. You're nothing more than a high school kid who is trying to act tough on a car forum.

                            And no, you did not answer the OP. You simply gave a link to the top 20 hp/tq turbo setups. The OP asked who has made the most power on a stock block and your link does not answer this question. Next time, read carefully what the OP is asking for and answer correctly. Oh, and show some respect to a forum veteran. Kids these days...
                            2007 Ford Focus - FSWerks Stg 2 Turbocharged - 12.93 @ 105mph.
                            Old #s - 230/215, New #s - ???/???


                            Special Thanks to


                            Comment


                              #15
                              That thread on the top 20 is most definitely out of date. I remember someone on here already in the 500's shooting for 650. Turbo CB7's are so past the 400 marker

                              I had like 240 hp.... for like 4 hours.

                              I'll try and find the guy with the big HP numbers.
                              Been a long time. Still alive...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X