Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Garrett Turbo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garrett Turbo??

What Garrett Turbo is this? Need to look up specs on it
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

That turbo is pretty small if you're thinking about puttin that on your 2.2L. I believe its a t28 though or possibly even a t25, but I'm pretty sure its a t28 lol

Comment

Yea I didn't really want a big turbo since I'll only be running between 5-8 psi of boost... It's gunna be used as a daily driver.. But I would like to beat some civic ricers when they pull up lol

Comment

its a r32 skyline gtr turbo, ball-bearing turbo

just think about this....

skyline gtr=twin turbo, 2.6liter, 6cylinder engine, they put out around 280
        now, this engine uses 2 of these turbos, basically meaning one of these would be perfect for a 4efte or a forza gti both 1.3 engines

b4 somebody else tells you go h22, ill tell you spend your money somewhere else, owning a cb, is not about beating civics, do some research and then think about this

your explanation on this mod is to beat a civic......
        enough said
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          its a r32 skyline gtr turbo, ball-bearing turbo

just think about this....

skyline gtr=twin turbo, 2.6liter, 6cylinder engine, they put out around 280
          now, this engine uses 2 of these turbos, basically meaning one of these would be perfect for a 4efte or a forza gti both 1.3 engines

b4 somebody else tells you go h22, ill tell you spend your money somewhere else, owning a cb, is not about beating civics, do some research and then think about this

your explanation on this mod is to beat a civic......
          enough said
          I agree, im not sure about the actual turbo though, but i would be worried about it being way to small. It could do a lot more harm than good.

besides.. stock accords beat stock civics any ol day
          Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Damn Brian and its in good shape too... Time to find a DSM....
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

im not just wanting to put the turbo to beat civics... mainly why i want it.. is to gain a little bit more of HP and still be competition when any wants to roll

Comment

A little turbo is as good as bolting a blowtorch to your engine. Small turbos make heat. Heat kills engines.

Comment

Yeah get a T4/T3 turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X