Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cx racing turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    The Treadstone kits aren't top quality, but they aren't bad. I'd trust one of them to get started. Just do your research, and learn how to properly install, maintain, and troubleshoot the system BEFORE you turn a wrench. Once you have that understanding, you should know enough to be able to spot trouble before it causes serious damage... as long as you pay attention.

Boosting a Honda motor can be hit or miss. Boosting an OLD Honda motor increases the risk. Doing it on a budget increases the risk even further. It is imperative that you learn as much as possible if you hope for it to be at all reliable.
    I have a lot of experience in boosting Hondas. I would probably start with this kit. It seems to be well put together unlike most ebay kits. There is a lot of room for improvement here.

Do you know of anybody on here who has used his kit.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

No. I'm sure there are some, but I don't know any names offhand.

Comment

correct me if im wrong but the with the boost cut/fuel cut feature, it only shuts off fuel for split second then fuel resumes when it sees fuel below the set boost cut psi. for example you set the boost cut at 15psi then you hit 15.5psi you'll deff let off gas, then when it sees 14.9psi again fuel resumes after that.

Comment

When the engine is spinning at 6,000 RPM, that means it spins 600 times per second. How many ignition cycles are going to occur in that split second with no fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            When the engine is spinning at 6,000 RPM, that means it spins 600 times per second. How many ignition cycles are going to occur in that split second with no fuel?
            100 times per second.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Yeah. That's what I get for typing so quickly!

My point remains, though.

Comment

Working...
              X