Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

stock ECU = no turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock ECU = no turbo?

So just so a few of us understand better, the stock ECU will not work with obdI or obdII because nobody has successfully mastered the original fuel maps in order to chip it? There is no stand alone fuel management or even SAFC that are compatible like the APEX-i SAFC? And in order to get obdI we need either a civic ecu or an integras of those years and have to chip it?
    because I have enough coin to buy the kit from r33(sweet ass ride) if it were in CAD$ but not after you do exchange and ship! On the other hand four of my friends drive turbo 1g talons and are eyes open for turbo stuff from wreckers and such! in fact I got 3 of 4 blue injectors free!

WaC!

eh, u coulda just posted this in my ecu thread no biggie. Its not the actual map thats the problem its the way our ecu's read the data and where/how the data is stored/processed. We already have obd1 cars/ecu's. Erik's racing ecu's and gude are the only ones i know of that can chip the pt3 and pt6 ecu's. But i don't think any are boost compatible, don't quote me on that. Things like the greddy emanage, safc, and field controller are compatible but when u look at the benefits of chipped ecu's against those controllers they don't stand a chance...not to mention chipped ecu's are cheaper and won't advance your ignition as you add fuel
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ah it is all starting to make sense, if I buy a chipped ecu do I need to turbo right away? I have 1 spare ecu already! So how much do you think I could get out of it? CDN?

WaC!

Comment

no u don't need to turbo right away ppl run chipped ecu's N/A all the time. Check ebay for selling prices

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Whats up midnight. Anyway, I think you are a litlle confused on what you are talking about buddy. OBD1 has nothing to do with what computers we can chip or whatever. OBD is just an emissions standard for the cars in a certain era. A 93 civic is OBD1 the same way that the 93 accord is OBD. Same with a 93 maxima, sentra, supra, etc. The only reason our stock ecu cant be chipped is that there is not and eeprom that is easily replaced like the civic or integra ecu. You can still boost with the factory ecu you just cant chip it for boost.

Comment

Originally posted by jd1
            Whats up midnight. Anyway, I think you are a litlle confused on what you are talking about buddy. OBD1 has nothing to do with what computers we can chip or whatever. OBD is just an emissions standard for the cars in a certain era. A 93 civic is OBD1 the same way that the 93 accord is OBD. Same with a 93 maxima, sentra, supra, etc. The only reason our stock ecu cant be chipped is that there is not and eeprom that is easily replaced like the civic or integra ecu. You can still boost with the factory ecu you just cant chip it for boost.
            Whats up JD,
            thats not what i've read from zenocron and blake tho. OBD1 does have to do with the ecu because it has to process the emissions controls. Distributors and the like are different between the OBD's. I've read that it was something with the civic/teg ecu's using addition and subtraction to process data and the accord/preludes ecu's used multiplication. U can't directly boost with the stock ecu tho because its not meant to read positive manifold pressure, the MAP is however. Our stock ecu's have to be tricked into thinking they don't see boost.

Comment

I just meant he could boost with the factory ecu but he would have to use the hack or a fmu with a missing link to do so.

Comment

its about damn time you made it over here JD

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I know thats right. Looks like yourself and midnight are the only post whores around here right now. You can count me in now

Comment

Working...
                  X