Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct.. It basically drives like a stock motor. Now my smaller pulley is more effective. Lol.
    3k 2psi
    4k 4psi
    5k 6psi
    6k 8psi
    7k 10psi

Somewhat like that. Its so freakin smooth, the higher the rpm though the faster it revs.

Comment

Meth kit will raise octane levels to a point that detonation isn't really an issue. It will also cool charge temps pretty drastically.

What are your iat's?

I personally would just go 11.5:1 on stock bore, get some cam work done and you'll break 300whp no problemo.

The supercharger flows over 1000cfm. I would probably get the pulleys dialed I to reach peak boost at 3-4000 rpm. You are not going to surge that compressor with this motor.

It just won't happen. You could run a larger charge pipe to keep pressure down while increasing flow. The compressor flows so much air that the pressure actually slows down airflow. It's the pressure that provides resistance in the compressor housing. Larger pipes, smaller pulley, same pressure but more flow.

The psi of your charge has a lot to do with raised temps associated with it as well. Less pressure, more flow.

There's lots you could do really. Thing is, I don't think you're gonna be happy with much more power on the street.

I would def focus on moving the powerband around with cam work, and keeping things reliable. You are probably only getting 70-80% of your already made power to the ground. Making more power will equate to getting more power to the ground, but making more power is not the only way to go faster.

I do think a better header would help, but you've got way more bang for the buck available in cam work.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I honestly dont remeber what the iat were. Not bad considering it was pulling hot air off the header, before I made the air intake duct to the charger.

My cams are skunk2 stage 2 n/a cams. I like them, but am not opposed to changing them. I saw a study where they made good improvement over stock cams in a forced induction application. Of course they shift the powerband higher, which can be good for traction. Some headwork is in store for it going back together though.

Comment

N/A cams provide a significant amount of valve overlap, which is useful in N/A applications. With forced induction, you're essentially blowing that fresh charge out the exhaust valves during that overlap period. You'd probably see much better results with a turbo cam profile.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            N/A cams provide a significant amount of valve overlap, which is useful in N/A applications. With forced induction, you're essentially blowing that fresh charge out the exhaust valves during that overlap period. You'd probably see much better results with a turbo cam profile.

Yup, and as a result cylinder pressure is suffering.

His fuel issues will be irrelevant if he can either run race gas, e85 or a meth kit.

Any of the 3 will put him into a position that high comp + boost is very safe. I personally would run a meth kit, because it not only bumps octane but lowers charge temps. Something I am sure he is already fighting with.

Also, I would consider an air to water intercooler to keep it sneaky under the hood.

All of these suggestions are only that, suggestions. The car is baller and looks great from square one. Nice fab work, nice work in general. I probably wouldn't mess with it much at all from where it is now.

Especially if you are trying to promote business with the car. Reliable sells a lot more service than HP from my experience. Its every car guys worst fear to dump 10k into a car just to have it explode on them.

Reliable vs fast in the point of sale industry, and reliable wins 99/100 times.
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Yes I know that. But with adjustable cam gears you can adjust for that. How much overlap does it have, and how much can I get rid of, im not sure yet. Or would it be easier to get another set of cams.. thats another thing im going address. It may be benificial to get turbo cams anyway and swap them during tuning and see what happens.

Comment

That's true. That's the beauty of DOHC!
                Still, with that cam profile, adjusting N/A cams to reduce overlap will probably result in decreased performance, as the profiles were made to utilize that overlap.
                I'm going beyond my area of expertise here, though.

Comment

I run an off the shelf 264 intake and 272 exhaust cam on my street driven dsm, then degreed from there. Since the intake charge has been compressed, a shorter valve duration maintains better intake pressures.

The compressed air and fuel expand and need more time to escape the cylinder, so a longer exhaust duration is beneficial.

A custom cam would really be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                  X