Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharged H22

update on page 10
    teaser vid on page 7

I know no body make a supercharger kit for our cars...

So I decided to make my own.

Here's my parts list

Used Vortec V2
    custom alternator bracket - to move it up where power steering pump used to be.
    custom super charger bracket - mounts to a/c compressor location. Incorporates alternator tension (device) and belt idler for maximum belt coverage on pulleys.
    Standard Turbo oil feed/drain

Here is a teaser to show you I'm actually doing IT! This is the initial mock up. Everything is mounted and functional (waiting on a serpentine belt). Still have oil lines to run. And will be intercooling the set up as well.

I will have better pics on final installation.. after I paint everything.
    Last edited by cincy90h22; 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM.

Nice I like where your going with your idea. I'm sure deeve is going to chime in with a comment. Any pic of your supercharger?

Marry Jane

Comment

Very nice! Definitely going to watch this one.

Comment

Is this one of those superchargers that look like a turbo?
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

As u said its used, there is a chip at the intake opening.. but has been freshly rebuilt and other wise good condition. And I got a good deal on it.

It should be up and running this week. Hopefully tuned next week

Comment

I don't no friend. I'm used to seeeing lik a j/r sc style. It looks like a turbo to me. But fantastic your are doing this... now 2 shut a lot of ppl up
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              I don't no friend. I'm used to seeeing lik a j/r sc style. It looks like a turbo to me. But fantastic your are doing this... now 2 shut a lot of ppl up
              Exactly.. j/r has become more rare and more of a pain in the ass to make work than my set up. True I have done a lot of fabrication, but its only time spent and some metal, no biggy and pretty easy. I am doing it just because I can.. and to be unique, not for the hp#.

Comment

It's called a centrifugal super charger.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Sweet!! Watching this thread for sure! What intercooler set up you running? Air to air or water to air? Also what about larger injectors?

Comment

Air to air for now.. I have a relatively small intercooler I plan on using. Dsm blue top 450cc injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                      Air to air for now.. I have a relatively small intercooler I plan on using. Dsm blue top 450cc injectors.
                      Air to air on a supercharger! Sweet! Keep us posted on your build!

Comment

honestly Im not sure how much the air to air intercooler is going to help.. Im sure a little bit, but probably not as efficient as a water to air. Its going to be hidden though, you wont really be able to see it without popping the hood.

p.s just realized how blurry that first pic is. ill get a better one up soon, guess ill have to take my dslr to the shop tommorrow.
                        Last edited by cincy90h22; 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Flame suit? Why?

The only time people get flamed is when they make the 10,000th "duz ne1 make a supercharger kit 4 r cb7z?" thread
                          You're actually doing it, which is commendable! I don't know of anyone that has done a centrifugal setup yet in a CB. There's the one famous JRSC on the H23VTEC, and a CD with a custom roots supercharged F22B2. Then there's wikkedv16's attempt at a front-mounted roots blower on his sister's Prelude, which worked until it blew the charge pipes off... That was how my plan was going to go.

Keep up with it. Keep us updated. Good luck!

As for the intercooler, what you have there is essentially a turbo compressor powered by the crank rather than the exhaust gas... so an air to air intercooler will be just as useful for that as it would be for a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Flame suit? Why?

The only time people get flamed is when they make the 10,000th "duz ne1 make a supercharger kit 4 r cb7z?" thread
                            You're actually doing it, which is commendable! I don't know of anyone that has done a centrifugal setup yet in a CB.

Keep up with it. Keep us updated. Good luck!
                            Thanks DEEV, It was how I wanted the thread to look when you scroll over it with your mouse.. like omg its another one of 'those' threads lol.

I am completely committed to finishing this.. it WILL BE done. SOON.

Comment

I'll admit... I was about to come in here and say what I've said a million times already... after reading post after post about the dude with the H23A, moving the brake booster, dealing with the shock tower, blah blah blah...
                              To this day, after all those threads, NOBODY on this forum has successfully installed a supercharger! I think I've come closest, until now, as I've purchased one and done a bit of measuring... You're just about where I was!

Of course, I knew you were an older member, so I figured you're as sick of those threads as I am

I'm really looking forward to seeing this done!

Comment

Working...
                              X