Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna be a SICK set up!! Definitely a UNIQUE build!! +1 Rep Points Added!!!
    Last edited by Jarrett; 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Damn can't wait for this video!! Very unique build! Great work man!!
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Pretty tough routing charge pipes and locating inter coolers in a chassis that wasn't meant for it eh!

Is that a temp/mock-up intercooler setup? IMO running the charge pipe over the exhaust manifold is a detriment to cooling...... Also having the intercooler laying horizontal on the top of the engine bay where the heat collects is counter productive. Or are you planning on running a top vent in your hood and a tunnel ram/shroud on the underside of the intercooler?
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The piping will be wrapped with the heat wrap at some point. I have a roll somewhere around here, just havent located it yet lol. I will be doing something to my Hood also.. keeping that under wraps for right now tho. This whole setup is about being different. I didn't want a front mount intercooler like everyone else, I don't want anyone to know that something is under there by looking at the front of it.. sleeperish, kinda LOL

Comment

A front mount would be far more effective, but I'm intrigued by your choice of placement. I suppose it's the best place to put a top mount, if you're going that route!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              A front mount would be far more effective, but I'm intrigued by your choice of placement. I suppose it's the best place to put a top mount, if you're going that route!

Agreed, definitely more effective even more practical. But not different not unique. Plus it actually shortens the overall distance the charge air has to travel.

Comment

I can't see the short travel time being much more effective... Your still gonna lose boost regardless

Comment

Its not gonna make that much of a difference, its not like a Turbo with the heatsoak from the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                    I can't see the short travel time being much more effective... Your still gonna lose boost regardless
                    The pressure loss is a much smaller issue than the heat gain. Id personally go with a big FMIC or air to water IC but then again I haven't done any projects even close to this so I can't really judge. W/a hole in the hood and a duct under the IC out to the bottom of the car this IC should get pretty good flow. Hell it will prob get pretty good flow with just the hole in the hood.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Intercooler will cool just fine as is most likely. When the vehicle is in motion, the intercooler is in front of the heat source. If charge temps become an issue, consider meth injection. I would consider it either way honestly.

Nice build op, looking sharp.

I would fab airbox for your compressor or some sort of filter setup. If you run it with the compressor exposed like that, you'll likely pick up some nasty shit over the course of time that could cause damage.

I personally would source a JY airbox and modify it.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Omg..I can't wait to see this beast finished up.

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad everyone is interested in my build!

As for the intake, I want to run it forward into the bumper area.. haven't yet though. For now I do have a mesh screen covering the inlet.

Comment

Are you going to cut a hole and make a sealed closer in your hood for that tmic ?

I have tmic (from factory). It works great, but I despise it. even a smic is more efficient and just as "unique".

Still, awesome build.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

If I did a centrifugal supercharger, I would mount it over on the transmission side and run a driveshaft over. That way you can keep p/s, move the alternator down where the compressor was, and the shaft goes right in between. Should clear the header and hood that way too.

This is still awesome though, and I am excited to see the curves it puts out.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Update..

I officially have all my parts.. intake/bov pipe that i had a buddy weld, and oil restrictor from vortech. assembly will be complete next week, and tune the week after! In the words of Pauly D "yeah buddy"!

Comment

Working...
                                X