Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant wait to see this thing tuned! This setup is making me want to get a supercharger on my Cb.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
      Who needs AC with a supercharged motor?!? Just put the windows down and step on the gas!! Lol
      exactly. nobody needs power robbing accessories when they do so much to make that power

Comment

GET A NEW TUNER DAMNIT! This tuner needs to get this thing done yesterday

Comment

as of tomorrow the tuner will have been there yesterday

Comment

true but the final dyno tune will not be done til next week

Comment

Love the progress, will be looking for updates. Def want to get vents for that ic, thats a hotpocket of air without it.
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I am gonna vent the Hood, don't worry. Today without the Hood, intake temps only hit 90 degrees when doing the street tune. His computer ran out of battery life so we only got it drivable. Tuned mostly low cam profile, a few pulls with vtec to 6800 rpms. Only saw 5psi, so either my math determining pulley sizes are incorrect or my cheapo bov is leaking( likely ) . Dyno still next week, did a little more tonight than I figured. It was a very smooth drive, nothing like a Turbo. I knew it would be different but idk what I was expecting. Felt good though, excited to finish tuning and feel the result. I will not be dissapointed only seeing a few more psi, rather than the 10 that I was anticipating, because It will be safer on the motor on its current build.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                  I am gonna vent the Hood, don't worry. Today without the Hood, intake temps only hit 90 degrees when doing the street tune. His computer ran out of battery life so we only got it drivable. Tuned mostly low cam profile, a few pulls with vtec to 6800 rpms. Only saw 5psi, so either my math determining pulley sizes are incorrect or my cheapo bov is leaking( likely ) . Dyno still next week, did a little more tonight than I figured. It was a very smooth drive, nothing like a Turbo. I knew it would be different but idk what I was expecting. Felt good though, excited to finish tuning and feel the result. I will not be dissapointed only seeing a few more psi, rather than the 10 that I was anticipating, because It will be safer on the motor on its current build.
                  could you feel the pull with 5 psi vs your stock power? should still have gained some noticeable punch to it...

gl with further tuning and pulley adjustment.. and... VIDS... =D
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Yea I felt it, felt great. But it was short lived, due to traffic, speed limit or air/fuel issues. All will be well soon revs quicker too

Comment

I remember at first u said u wasn't lookin for a hp #, that 300 hp will be sweet... what does your tuner think as far as hp goes?
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

im not gonna lie thats some cool shit...

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                          I remember at first u said u wasn't lookin for a hp #, that 300 hp will be sweet... what does your tuner think as far as hp goes?

He isn't saying anything. LOL. He said "I don't make promises on numbers" besides, there are too many variables with this build. Its a guess as far as boost levels go now. In a perfect world about 10hp per psi. With boost levels not where I anticipated, I'm sure I wont hit 300 next week. But in the future, maybe, once we see exactly what we are dealing with then we can go about making accurate adjustments.

Thanks for looking, Dirty pic for the hell of it...

Comment

lovin that color!

10hp per psi is the rule of thumb but remember that the supercharger is a restriction itself. if you make 195 all motor the supercharger being in the way might drop that to like 170. youll need like 3psi to get back to the hp you were at. so a rough guess would say you could make like 250-260 on 10psi

your tuner is smart for not promising anything. especially since nobody has really done what your doing
                            the good thing is that even if you only pull out like 230whp youll still have a nice increase in torque

Comment

I have a predator hood. Its vented I like it. It has 3 vents total.
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

in a PERFECTworld 10 HP per psi
                                Fixed.

Remember too psi to horsepower also depends on cfm.. a 16g produces about 500 cfm, my vortech is more than double that at 1150 cfm.. LOL.

Dani Filth- I doubt it will take 25 HP to spin the charger, driving the car with the charge pipe unhooked it feels no different than before. I'm sure there is a little parasitic loss, probably similar to having power steering and AC again.

Comment

Working...
                                X