Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not just the parasitic loss but the restriction. that supercharger is compressing the charge when its spinning fast enough but until then its just in the way
    those numbers were just an example. i have no idea really

Comment

I don't really have any evidence of the loss either. I'm sure it exsists, but in my searches I've never seen any comparisons, before the charger; after the charger (no boost, just belt) you know what I mean. I'm not about to test it either, but ill sacrifice some to make some if anyone were to find actual dyno sheets somewhere showing the actual loss I'd be curious to see them. Mite be hard to prove though, I would imagine the higher rpm, harder the charger works, draw may increase. ?

Comment

I'm gonna give you a simple parrallel to tell you why you thinking parasitic loss is almost nil is no good with it not pushing boost. I have a hand crank flashlight, when the bulb is unscrewed it takes no force to spin easily, when it is on there is instantly much more drag. with boost your fighting compressing the air into the motor, the compressor side is not going to be spinning so freely and in turn it will be pulling more off the motor.
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
          I'm gonna give you a simple parrallel to tell you why you thinking parasitic loss is almost nil is no good with it not pushing boost. I have a hand crank flashlight, when the bulb is unscrewed it takes no force to spin easily, when it is on there is instantly much more drag. with boost your fighting compressing the air into the motor, the compressor side is not going to be spinning so freely and in turn it will be pulling more off the motor.
          So true. With out the compressor actually compressing the air going INTO the engine then you cant accurately state just how much the supercharger is taking for the "power" of the engine.

This is what you are saying right?

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
            So true. With out the compressor actually compressing the air going INTO the engine then you cant accurately state just how much the supercharger is taking for the "power" of the engine.

This is what you are saying right?

Yea that's what he's saying.. I agree totally, the drag or loss, prolly increases with rpm or boost.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
              Yea that's what he's saying.. I agree totally, the drag or loss, prolly increases with rpm or boost.
              Once the pipes build pressure the compressor has to work harder to maintain positive pressure, so yes you are correct.

Im curious what kind of speeds you have to spin that compressor to see the CFM numbers you are talking about previously in this thread.

If that thing pushes twice the air as a 16g turbo, you should be able to produce some numbers that will cause your h22 to explode if your not careful.

You are running OEM rotational assembly right? I'd probably be wrapping my head around the idea of something forged in the near future.

What kind of charge temps are you running into?

Nice build op!
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

On my street tune with no Hood intake air temp peaked at 91 degrees. With my previous calculations compressor speed should be 42000, Max speed for the charger is 51000 I believe. Once we get it tuned and I see boost levels, I will prolly look into the compressor maps and compresser speeds more to better 'tune' the charger and put it in its peak range. Still at this point I'm not sure what to expect since its never been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post

You are running OEM rotational assembly right? I'd probably be wrapping my head around the idea of something forged in the near future.

Nice build op!
                  +1, don't want to have your motor explode on you...

Comment

For sure.. I have a jdm block to build later, not sure which direction to go with it though. It needs a crank.. Stock stroke or stroker LOL.

Comment

short vid I made on my phone.. see.. its alive lol. You can hear the whine at idle, its pretty quiet though. More to come after the dyno.

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...8-16-05-13.mp4

Last edited by cincy90h22; 06-09-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

drool!!!!!! Are you gonna hit the track?! Get some 1/4 times?

Comment

beast
                          10th Anniversary Accord.
                          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

man sounds like a beast breathing low just waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
                              drool!!!!!! Are you gonna hit the track?! Get some 1/4 times?
                              thanks.. eventually maybe...

Comment

Nice!

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X