Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
    Yea it already feels better with the 3in.. I was looking at the tri y, or I think its called full race header.. its 4 pipes all the way under the oil pan to a collector. I'm gonna get one once I get my funds back.
    Yeah it's called full race header and that exactly what it is

Comment

You guys are discussing the 4-2-1 and 4-1 header designs. Not really "full race" anything, unless it's made specifically for racing. The F22A1 has a 4-1 design (not exactly "full race"), and the F22A4/6 have a 4-2-1 design.

Comment

Yes Deev you are correct about it not being truely for racing.. full race is a ebay name for the particular header. But its actually pretty legit looking. Only a dyno would show true gains.. maybe ill do that when I get one.. dyno before and after.

Anyway link to said header. Oops its called RMF DRAG header..
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acura-...#ht_3682wt_763

And tri y
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/H22-Tri-Y-He...#ht_1088wt_754

Comment

Full Race as a brand is far more than an "ebay" brand. They're a legit tuning house that has built some truly impressive cars.

The "tri-y" header design that's been going around for the H22 lately has been nothing more than a rip-off of the HyTech design. Shameful, IMO.

RMF is quality. Randy Monroe is a well known name in the scene, and has made some great stuff. Randy, sadly, has passed away. I do not know if the headers are continuing to be made. Bisimoto has directly accused RMF of stealing a prototype design, though I have heard nothing more of that since the initial accusation.

Comment

Damn.. deev taking us to school lolol.. I didn't know all that, thanks for the info. Bisi header to me seems waaayy overpriced. Ill make my own before I buy one.

Comment

I'd buy a Bisi header for the F22A... but nothing else. There are other H22A headers on the market that clearly make more power. Mugen, HyTech, SMSP, RMF... I prefer to stick to the originals, even though they cost more. It's cheaper to buy a knockoff, but that effectively kills our aftermarket. If we don't support the originators, nothing new will ever be designed! I hate knockoff artists with a passion, especially when they copy and undersell small-batch high quality pieces like those I mentioned above.

Comment

Getting off topic here but..

I Totally agree. But there is always a balance between supply and demand and cost. If these company's price theirselves out of business, its their own fault. Volume is the key in running a successful business. Sell 5 at $800 or 25 at $500.. when it only costs $100 to make.

Anyways. I'm gonna get a legit header soon as I can afford it.

12 hours and counting til the madness begins

Comment

* breaks out the latex glove and lube *

Comment

Definitely going to stick around for dyno results....

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Waiting for dyno results also!!

Comment

OK fellas.. before I disclose the results, some info. I did not hit 300whp, nor 10psi, which had already figured I wouldn't based on the street tune the other day. With the 4.5in pulley that is on the charger it made 4.6 psi. My N/A setup made 195.4whp.. and the boosted setup made.......

Drum roll.......

246.6whp. 51 HP gain on less than 5psi. I'm happy with the results, for now. Now I have a baseline Psi/pulley size and can make some adjustments. Next up is a header and smaller pulley, but prolly not for a little while. Tq was 170 ft/lbs @ ABOUT 7500 RPMS, a little disappointing, cams are prolly to blame, but that was the highest tq got on any pull.

Ill post the graph later. It feels like a completely different beast. Very smooth, and responsive, and traction is an issue on the street LOL.

Comment

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

impressive for something not so mainstream like turbo..i agree allowing that thing to breathe better will add...i like these things cause it a test and tune.cant wait to see where it goes!

Comment

Any pictures of this setup for us to drool over?

edit: besides the side view on pg.6

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                                Any pictures of this setup for us to drool over?

edit: besides the side view on pg.6
                                heres a few

Last edited by cincy90h22; 06-15-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X