Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy, get a hks style pull BOV and that will cure your flutter problems.

A greddy is pushed shut via spring pressure and is pushed open to relieve pressure in the charge pipe as it spikes when the throttle closes.

An hks style valve pulls closed from vac and remains wide open under no load.
    Last edited by toycar; 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
      H trans.
      Whens the last time you did a compression test ? and how did your cross hatches look? And are you setting ur rev limiter low 7ish or high 8+ ?
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      Originally posted by deevergote
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
        Whens the last time you did a compression test ? and how did your cross hatches look? And are you setting ur rev limiter low 7ish or high 8+ ?
        He is revving to 8 I think, at least he was in the vid

Should be super interesting with the high comp pistons, def looking forward to that

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          He is revving to 8 I think, at least he was in the vid

Should be super interesting with the high comp pistons, def looking forward to that
          If you ever take the head off take a picture of your cylinder walls for me.
          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

you should be making more power, you graph says it, there is no way a h22 head will make peak tq at 7500 rpm, and if it does its because the exhaust is restricting it
            being that you have a stock header, you should start by that, tq might drop a little after an exhaust upgrade but you should see about 10whp more on that setup

your video seems really slow, but i believe the graph
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
              Buddy, get a hks style pull BOV and that will cure your flutter problems.

A greddy is pushed shut via spring pressure and is pushed open to relieve pressure in the charge pipe as it spikes when the throttle closes.

An hks style valve pulls closed from vac and remains wide open under no load.
              I may try that, thanks

If you ever take the head off take a picture of your cylinder walls for me.
              What does that have to do with anything?

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
              you should be making more power, you graph says it, there is no way a h22 head will make peak tq at 7500 rpm, and if it does its because the exhaust is restricting it
              being that you have a stock header, you should start by that, tq might drop a little after an exhaust upgrade but you should see about 10whp more on that setup

your video seems really slow, but i believe the graph
              Sure it will, thats were peak boost was. I have lower low end torque that a stock h22 because of my cams and intake manifold, theyre designed for top end hp. I have a 3in exhaust from the header back, I will be getting a real header when it goes back together. I only stuck with the stock one for the time being until I was satisfied this build would work. As far as power goes I think a 51hp gain on 4psi is pretty sufficient.

What exactly do you mean my video looks slow? Which video, dyno or street?

Comment

What does that have to do with anything?

So i can see how it's holding up... You know glassing over you'r walls or shit shaving down cracking etc... fairly common thing to do actually. -.-"

Comment

Sure it will, thats were peak boost was. I have lower low end torque that a stock h22 because of my cams and intake manifold, theyre designed for top end hp. I have a 3in exhaust from the header back, I will be getting a real header when it goes back together. I only stuck with the stock one for the time being until I was satisfied this build would work. As far as power goes I think a 51hp gain on 4psi is pretty sufficient.

What exactly do you mean my video looks slow? Which video, dyno or street?

Just pointing out that if it were me, I wouldn't change much more about it.

High compression, supercharged, mentioned maybe a meth kit.

Seriously, you want to be able to drive this around town right? You have too nice of a looking car to make this a dyno queen. Keep it 300whp or less so you can atleast drive it back and fourth to work if you want.

As you are probably already seeing, gears are becoming uselss, torque steer is a bitch, traction is becoming a problem. These and other related problems are only going to get worse with more power.

Fuck all of that unless you are planning on doing a track car. Track cars shouldn't look as nice as your car does. Track cars get money spent on going fast.

Cars as nice as yours are meant to be driven around regularly.

My thoughts, keep it driveable so you'll enjoy it. Too much powa is no fun on the streets, especially in stop and go traffic.
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

You are vey right toycar..

I am not making a dyno queen, or a track car. It will probably never see a quarter mile. Too much power for the street is pointless, I do want to drive it on nice days and such. I dont have a power goal in mind, whatever I get im fine with. But I wanna do something different, obviously with the sc, but high compession as well.

I work at my fathers repair shop, and im adding my know-how to the business and branching off into engine building, modifying and tuning etc. This car, is basically advertising my skills as a fabricator, since I have done everything myself except a few machine work items, and tuning (for now). We dont have but one or two good tuner shops in 100 mile radius of me.

Comment

Realisticly.. an off the shelf 11.5:1 piston would be suffecient. Otherwise im looking at a steeper price and more machine work to fit the custom 12/12.5:1 pistons that are a minimum. .5mm overbore, and going to require higher octane fuel. E85 isnt easily acessable in my area. I do plan on driving this car frequently, and at the higher cost of fuel or additives, and overall probably too much power for the street, I am contemplating my build plan. @ 12.5:1 and 12psi I would guesstimate 375-400whp?

Any input anyone?

Comment

I would keep it as is and maybe just work on bolstering the system's reliability

Would it be possible to install an intercooler?

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I have an intercooler already. Its essentially a top mount, not a front mount, for a more sleeper effect.

Comment

He's running a top mount intercooler already. It's a centrifugal supercharger, so it's essentially the compressor housing of a turbo driven by the crank. Everything from the compressor outlet on can be treated much like a turbo.

If I may ask, what's your reason for wanting such high compression? It's definitely doable, but are the gains really going to be that significant? It seems that high compression is going to drastically reduce your margin of error when tuning (at least a supercharger's output is more reliable, more linear, than a turbo... which can surge unexpectedly.) You essentially have an impressive N/A engine with a supercharger bolted to it!

Seeing what you've done with what, under 5psi? I would imagine 12psi, higher compression, and a good tune should plop you in the 400ish area, yeah. That much power might actually be very difficult to use, given the low-end supplied by the supercharger. At least a turbo doesn't overpower the front wheels right away... it has to spool. Your setup will be providing power almost instantly.

Comment

That is the beauty of the supercharger, its simple to tune, it hits the same fuel tables evertime.

The power gained from the charger isnt 'instant'. For example: my first dyno looked like
                              Rpms boost
                              2k. 0 psi
                              3k. .5
                              4k. 1
                              5k. 1.75
                              6k. 2.5
                              7k. 3.4
                              8k. 4.6

Granted I was not spinning the charger in its efficiency range. But its not like you have max psi from the start. A roots type may be different idk.

Comment

That's true. Roots is more of a direct delivery. Not peak power instantly, but it puts the power down faster than a turbo.

So essentially, if you drive between 2k and 3k RPM (how I drive when I'm just taking it easy), you're really not putting out much boost at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X