Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb7attack66
    replied
    id like to see what this thing would do with bisi header.!the pics are awesome.love the engine pic and setup..any plans for fmic?

Leave a comment:

• mndude07
    replied
    This is awesome!

It is almost certainly the cams. When VTEC is active, the duration is probably too great, so you aren't getting as much pressure in the cylinder as you could be.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Wow, so you actually managed to get the fabled 10hp per psi!

Not having buttloads of torque might actually be a good thing. If it's too much torque, it'll be too easy to break the wheels free. I had that issue with my bone-stock GTP, and that thing rarely ever worked properly as it is. I could spin through 2 out of 4 gears.

I'm impressed by the results, for sure! My H22 is only making about 180whp, I figure (minor airflow mods and a street tune), so if I were to copy your setup part for part, I might see 230whp... I'd be very pleased with that. I wonder how long the stock internals will hold up, as this is really no different than a low-psi turbo setup.
    Already an issue! I can spin through first second and some of third lol.

Tomorrow I am gonna get a few street vids to show. Its very 'rippy' for lack of a better term. Above 5k its pretty quick, once past that first shift its stays in its powerband. If it blows up ill build my other block

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Wow, so you actually managed to get the fabled 10hp per psi!

Not having buttloads of torque might actually be a good thing. If it's too much torque, it'll be too easy to break the wheels free. I had that issue with my bone-stock GTP, and that thing rarely ever worked properly as it is. I could spin through 2 out of 4 gears.

I'm impressed by the results, for sure! My H22 is only making about 180whp, I figure (minor airflow mods and a street tune), so if I were to copy your setup part for part, I might see 230whp... I'd be very pleased with that. I wonder how long the stock internals will hold up, as this is really no different than a low-psi turbo setup.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
    I think some kind of functional hood scoop/air vent would be cool.
    its in the works, have to get another hood first.

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
    Not bad at all. To bad on the torque though, is that tunable? I'm used to seeing supercharged or turbo'd cars that have equal torque as the horsepower.
    We tried adding/removing timing, changing cam degrees, everything.. the 170 ft/lbs was the best we got. We are thinking cams could be affecting it, and also the fact that I dont build any boost until 4k with this pulley configuration. Im going to be looking into and experimenting with it soon. Also the TQ at its peak was 7500rpms! its weird.

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    I think some kind of functional hood scoop/air vent would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• 4CYLPOWER92
    replied
    Not bad at all. To bad on the torque though, is that tunable? I'm used to seeing supercharged or turbo'd cars that have equal torque as the horsepower.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
    Any pictures of this setup for us to drool over?

edit: besides the side view on pg.6
    heres a few

Last edited by cincy90h22; 06-15-2012, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Any pictures of this setup for us to drool over?

edit: besides the side view on pg.6

Leave a comment:

• cb7attack66
    replied
    impressive for something not so mainstream like turbo..i agree allowing that thing to breathe better will add...i like these things cause it a test and tune.cant wait to see where it goes!

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    OK fellas.. before I disclose the results, some info. I did not hit 300whp, nor 10psi, which had already figured I wouldn't based on the street tune the other day. With the 4.5in pulley that is on the charger it made 4.6 psi. My N/A setup made 195.4whp.. and the boosted setup made.......

Drum roll.......

246.6whp. 51 HP gain on less than 5psi. I'm happy with the results, for now. Now I have a baseline Psi/pulley size and can make some adjustments. Next up is a header and smaller pulley, but prolly not for a little while. Tq was 170 ft/lbs @ ABOUT 7500 RPMS, a little disappointing, cams are prolly to blame, but that was the highest tq got on any pull.

Ill post the graph later. It feels like a completely different beast. Very smooth, and responsive, and traction is an issue on the street LOL.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Waiting for dyno results also!!

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Definitely going to stick around for dyno results....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X