Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8ball
    replied
    * breaks out the latex glove and lube *

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Getting off topic here but..

I Totally agree. But there is always a balance between supply and demand and cost. If these company's price theirselves out of business, its their own fault. Volume is the key in running a successful business. Sell 5 at $800 or 25 at $500.. when it only costs $100 to make.

Anyways. I'm gonna get a legit header soon as I can afford it.

12 hours and counting til the madness begins

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    I'd buy a Bisi header for the F22A... but nothing else. There are other H22A headers on the market that clearly make more power. Mugen, HyTech, SMSP, RMF... I prefer to stick to the originals, even though they cost more. It's cheaper to buy a knockoff, but that effectively kills our aftermarket. If we don't support the originators, nothing new will ever be designed! I hate knockoff artists with a passion, especially when they copy and undersell small-batch high quality pieces like those I mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Damn.. deev taking us to school lolol.. I didn't know all that, thanks for the info. Bisi header to me seems waaayy overpriced. Ill make my own before I buy one.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Full Race as a brand is far more than an "ebay" brand. They're a legit tuning house that has built some truly impressive cars.

The "tri-y" header design that's been going around for the H22 lately has been nothing more than a rip-off of the HyTech design. Shameful, IMO.

RMF is quality. Randy Monroe is a well known name in the scene, and has made some great stuff. Randy, sadly, has passed away. I do not know if the headers are continuing to be made. Bisimoto has directly accused RMF of stealing a prototype design, though I have heard nothing more of that since the initial accusation.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Yes Deev you are correct about it not being truely for racing.. full race is a ebay name for the particular header. But its actually pretty legit looking. Only a dyno would show true gains.. maybe ill do that when I get one.. dyno before and after.

Anyway link to said header. Oops its called RMF DRAG header..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acura-...#ht_3682wt_763

And tri y
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/H22-Tri-Y-He...#ht_1088wt_754

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    You guys are discussing the 4-2-1 and 4-1 header designs. Not really "full race" anything, unless it's made specifically for racing. The F22A1 has a 4-1 design (not exactly "full race"), and the F22A4/6 have a 4-2-1 design.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
    Yea it already feels better with the 3in.. I was looking at the tri y, or I think its called full race header.. its 4 pipes all the way under the oil pan to a collector. I'm gonna get one once I get my funds back.
    Yeah it's called full race header and that exactly what it is

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
    Nice! I have a 3inch exshaust on my all motor H23A VTEC. And surprisingly it's not loud at all, I don't have CATs either, but I do have a silencer on. I've read many threads on HT.com that H- series and K- series motors gain power with 3 inch exshaust even when going All Motor. I'm happy with my set up. It makes 200hp to the wheels. I'm sure your Supercharged motor will love it! I think you should get a better header though, DC headers suck maybe get a equal length header or a Tri-Y (like the one I have) with a 2.75 collector to match with your 3 inch exshaust.
    I'm sure you will see even more HP gain with that 3 inch exshaust.
    Here a thread about H22s with 3 inch exhaust:
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2197695
    Yea it already feels better with the 3in.. I was looking at the tri y, or I think its called full race header.. its 4 pipes all the way under the oil pan to a collector. I'm gonna get one once I get my funds back.

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Um, like stock, why would you go under the tank? I work at a shop, I welded it.
    Just wondering, I've seen people go straight back. And lucky you. I gotta run a cord down from my 2nd floor apt to my welder XD...

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Damn.. no action on this thread in a bit LOL. Guess everyone is waiting for an update..

Redid my exhaust today, 3in header back, wrx muffler, no cat. Sounds OK, low and mellow at low Rome a bit raspy when you get on it. Sounds better than my previous fart can.

Dyno Friday.. finally.
    Nice! I have a 3inch exshaust on my all motor H23A VTEC. And surprisingly it's not loud at all, I don't have CATs either, but I do have a silencer on. I've read many threads on HT.com that H- series and K- series motors gain power with 3 inch exshaust even when going All Motor. I'm happy with my set up. It makes 200hp to the wheels. I'm sure your Supercharged motor will love it! I think you should get a better header though, DC headers suck maybe get a equal length header or a Tri-Y (like the one I have) with a 2.75 collector to match with your 3 inch exshaust.
    I'm sure you will see even more HP gain with that 3 inch exshaust.
    Here a thread about H22s with 3 inch exhaust:
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2197695

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    If you make such a kit, I may be interested myself!

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Tuning on crome. I have thought about manufacturing all the brackets and selling it as a kit. Once I get mine tuned, I may revise the design first, then look into making them.

Leave a comment:

• gloryaccordy
    replied
    What are you gonna tune with bro

You thinking about selling the brackets as a kit?

Damn this is kind of exciting.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
    Do did u weld it urself or have a shop do it. And did u follow stock curve or go straight under the gas tank...
    Um, like stock, why would you go under the tank? I work at a shop, I welded it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X