Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cincy90h22
    replied
    based on the s2000kit in stock form, it adds 49% horsepower over stock.. 240hp to 365hp I believe @8psi. I hope to get over the 300hp mark. As long as my math is correct ill be at ~9psi @7500rpm. The real question is will 9psi give me 105hp?

Leave a comment:

• hondamanf22
    replied
    this needs to become a sticky asap when its done. what kind of numbers you hope to see?

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    yes, although they are quieter.. the v3 uses a sealed internal oil, and are louder than the v2 that I have. But it should still produce that unmistakable sound..

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    They do. An old friend of mine put a Procharger on his Mustang. Whined nicely!

Leave a comment:

• GhostAccord
    replied
    Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
    All you will hear is that infamous 'whine'
    Do the turbine/impeller centrifugal SC whine like the roots style twin screws?

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Eh, compressing air does create heat. It won't be soaking up heat from the exhaust as with a turbo, but you'll still benefit from an intercooler. I'd run one, even if it's overkill... better safe than sorry.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Thats exactly how I was thinking. not as much heat exchange as with a turbo. My intercooler is approx 8x12in. quite beefy built (almost 4in thick) but small. It should be sufficient for my setup, and be able to be hidden. All you will hear is that infamous 'whine'

Leave a comment:

• GhostAccord
    replied
    To be honest with you, a lot of times an intercooler is not required with a side mount setup such as this. The only heat will be created by the bearing/turbine turning. There is no exhaust gasses heating the housing nor is it sitting on top of a hot engine. A small front mount intercooler will be more than enough for this setup.

Sounds like you have a good solid plan. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    I'll admit... I was about to come in here and say what I've said a million times already... after reading post after post about the dude with the H23A, moving the brake booster, dealing with the shock tower, blah blah blah...
    To this day, after all those threads, NOBODY on this forum has successfully installed a supercharger! I think I've come closest, until now, as I've purchased one and done a bit of measuring... You're just about where I was!

Of course, I knew you were an older member, so I figured you're as sick of those threads as I am

I'm really looking forward to seeing this done!

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Flame suit? Why?

The only time people get flamed is when they make the 10,000th "duz ne1 make a supercharger kit 4 r cb7z?" thread
    You're actually doing it, which is commendable! I don't know of anyone that has done a centrifugal setup yet in a CB.

Keep up with it. Keep us updated. Good luck!
    Thanks DEEV, It was how I wanted the thread to look when you scroll over it with your mouse.. like omg its another one of 'those' threads lol.

I am completely committed to finishing this.. it WILL BE done. SOON.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Flame suit? Why?

The only time people get flamed is when they make the 10,000th "duz ne1 make a supercharger kit 4 r cb7z?" thread
    You're actually doing it, which is commendable! I don't know of anyone that has done a centrifugal setup yet in a CB. There's the one famous JRSC on the H23VTEC, and a CD with a custom roots supercharged F22B2. Then there's wikkedv16's attempt at a front-mounted roots blower on his sister's Prelude, which worked until it blew the charge pipes off... That was how my plan was going to go.

Keep up with it. Keep us updated. Good luck!

As for the intercooler, what you have there is essentially a turbo compressor powered by the crank rather than the exhaust gas... so an air to air intercooler will be just as useful for that as it would be for a turbo.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    honestly Im not sure how much the air to air intercooler is going to help.. Im sure a little bit, but probably not as efficient as a water to air. Its going to be hidden though, you wont really be able to see it without popping the hood.

p.s just realized how blurry that first pic is. ill get a better one up soon, guess ill have to take my dslr to the shop tommorrow.
    Last edited by cincy90h22; 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
    Air to air for now.. I have a relatively small intercooler I plan on using. Dsm blue top 450cc injectors.
    Air to air on a supercharger! Sweet! Keep us posted on your build!

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Air to air for now.. I have a relatively small intercooler I plan on using. Dsm blue top 450cc injectors.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Sweet!! Watching this thread for sure! What intercooler set up you running? Air to air or water to air? Also what about larger injectors?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X