Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

idle issue after turbo install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle issue after turbo install

Hey guys, so i've decided to turbo my sohc f22 with a 14b turbo charger. I was able to start the car after the turbo installation and one thing i noticed was that the idle on my car is kinda funky...

When you first start up the car it idles about 1000rpm but literally 4 or 5 sec. later the idle drops too 500rpm where its barely running.

The way the car idle is as if its about to stall so the idle is idling maybe around 500rpm... you feel the car shaking to a point where it stalls, but the engine keeps running.

once you try revving the engine, it feels a little laggish (not really a smooth rev) every time i want to rev the engine past 1k rpm i have to double step on the gas pedal to get the rev's higher.

i can't seem to find out how to fix this idle issue, i've tried setting the base idle from one of the DIY and it kinda helped, but not that much...

i'm tech. running open header since i don't have a custom down pipe to connect from my o2 housing to my exhaust. (Could this be a possible problem for my idle?)

I'll post a video of the car idling once i have the time.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Specs:

1992 Accord sedan LX

stock f22 engine

14b turbo

dsm injectors

side mount intercooler

hks bov

P06 with basemap by DrummerSteve7
    Last edited by cb7FoME; 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM.

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Originally posted by cb7FoME View Post
    Hey guys, so i've decided to turbo my sohc f22 with a 14b turbo charger. I was able to start the car after the turbo installation and one thing i noticed was that the idle on my car is kinda funky...

When you first start up the car it idles about 1000rpm but literally 4 or 5 sec. later the idle drops too 500rpm where its barely running.

The way the car idle is as if its about to stall so the idle is idling maybe around 500rpm... you feel the car shaking to a point where it stalls, but the engine keeps running.

once you try revving the engine, it feels a little laggish (not really a smooth rev) every time i want to rev the engine past 1k rpm i have to double step on the gas pedal to get the rev's higher.

i can't seem to find out how to fix this idle issue, i've tried setting the base idle from one of the DIY and it kinda helped, but not that much...

i'm tech. running open header since i don't have a custom down pipe to connect from my o2 housing to my exhaust. (Could this be a possible problem for my idle?)

I'll post a video of the car idling once i have the time.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Specs:

1992 Accord sedan LX

stock f22 engine

14b turbo

dsm injectors

side mount intercooler

hks bov

P06 ecu street tune by DrummerSteve7
    Sounds like a vacuum/boost leak.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Did it just start acting this way? You say it's street tuned so you have a wideband 02? What is the afr at idle? Could be fuel related is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
        Did it just start acting this way? You say it's street tuned so you have a wideband 02? What is the afr at idle? Could be fuel related is my guess.
        sorry i meant to say that my ecu had a basemap created by drummersteve7

so i don't have a sideband 02

and it started after i installed the turbo
        Last edited by cb7FoME; 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM.

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Comment

check for boost leaks..make you a boost leak tester http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atretf9u-Mc...and test different sections of the piping. or just go through and make sure you cant hear any leakage...but a boost leak tester is always a great thing to own

Comment

Since when did you decide to boost it. I remember you telling me you were going to do it and I always drive by your house and never see the cb under the tree anymord
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

did you fix the issue.
              sorry I just saw this, been through a lot of creativity with moving into a house.

let me know. I don't like hearing this. And it is a basemap, so take it to the tuner.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
              X